The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

spurspinter1 said:
BillyShears said:
stony said:
Can't see anything official, what's your source Billy ?

Sorry, I got had by a fake SSN account on Twitter. Was retweeted by a few journalists so I figured it must be true. My bad.

FFS Billy man!!!! Unless you're looking at Spurs site with a picture of AVB holding a Spurs shirt don't say it's official! Startled me somewhat haha....

Hoping an appointment has been made early in the week, must admit it's taken longer than I thought but it makes sense to take time over the decision.

I'm not sure sacking a manager without having his replacement lined up is sensible at all.
I think the delay is in announcing it, not the appointment itself.

He needs money to invest, Spurs have a lot of players of somewhat advanced years. Moutinho has been mooted (haw haw) but his stock is higher than it's ever been it seems -figures of £25m and even £32m being thrown around when in previous seasons he's been seriously linked to the likes of Everton for relatively small sums.

Someone post something about a potential Spurs buy out, anyone else heard anything or is it likely to be just rumours piggybacking off the Forest/Leeds stories?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
MaviAy said:
AVB is so overrated, so he made it in Portugal and everyone jumped on the he's the next Mou bandwagon.

He's not 1/10 of what Mou is, going to flop again, oh well we should be celebrating haha

That Porto team he made was brilliant, there is no denying that. His influence was seen just last season, when we beat them 6-1 over two legs. Seeing as that was the trophy they were defending, that's one hell of a turn-around.

Bale------------[Striker]------------Lennon

--Sandro---[Midfielder]---Huddlestone--

Pretty scary if you ask me. Very balanced, very quick, very strong. Just occurred to me that the midfielder could even be van der Vaart. If they get adequate cover and a good striker, that would be a better team than United's.

On paper we've had a better team than United many times, but that's not enough, mentally we just haven't been up to it.

It's interesting you put Huddlestone there, a player with some quality attributes but his fitness has been a severe issue for the last two seasons and was ruined by the injections, I can't see him coming back and performing at a high level premier league level to be honest, and even if he did, playing alongside VDV in a midfield I'd think we'd get overran pretty easily.

Covers needed for right wing, as Lennon was threatening when fit but wasn't fit enough for much. If AVB comes in I think he might try and raid Porto for Varela, who hasn't really been given much time to shine for Portugal in the Euros but looks capable.

I think with a fair amount of investment and a fair amount of income from Modric Gio Charlie Corluka Bassong Bentley Jenas Pienaar we could see something like....

------------------------Ade (?)-----------------------------
-----------Bale--------VDV (Siggurdson)---------Lennon (Varela)
------------------Moutinho (Livermore- Sandro (Parker)---------
-BAE - Vertonghen (Caulker) - Kaboul (Dawson)- Walker (Naughton)
-------------------Friedal (Button)---------------------------

As a 1st team squad. Not sure about back up for Ade, Defoe is nice option but is coming to the end of the point which we'll be able to get decent money for him. I think he loves the club but knows he won't fit in to our team, especially if we can a coach like AVB in. Need another striker who can hold the ball up...I'd have been well up for bringing in Olic, an experienced player who can be brought on to chase the game but always risky at such a late stage in the career to come to the premier league. We need another striker signing like Gudjohnsen, someone who can calm things down, someone who has a head on their shoulders and also has technique.

Moutinho perhaps is very much unlikely after the competion he's had, but there would be the manager pull, but maybe without CL it just won't happen. A midfielder such as him will be needed, one who can be useful both offensively and defensivley. Someone who can strike a ball in an unsimilar fashion to an 8 year old girl (I'm looking at you Modric) and chip in with a few goals here and there.

Vert can cover LB and DM, with Caulker and Dawson available to cover.

Siggy and Varela are both quite versatile players, it's unlikely both Lennon and Bale will have injury free seasons so there is suitable cover.

GK situation is an odd one, not sure AVB will fancy Friedal or Cudicini, personally I'd love to get in a keeper that has a future here, Gomes and Cudini don't have that. I think Button is held in high regard at the club and have seen him play a bit so perhaps he'd make a good third choice but a young keeper happy to work his way in to the side is needed.

It's almost a blessing being in Europa as it means the team will have longer to gel, and hopefully the players such as Caulker Naughton and Livermore who did so well will get plenty of game time and we'll unearth a few more players as well, high hopes for Kane, Carroll and Townsend to have minor breakthrough seasons.

I know nobody really asked me my views but I feel much better having thought about the squad and issues that may arise!<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:50 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:
spurspinter1 said:
BillyShears said:
Sorry, I got had by a fake SSN account on Twitter. Was retweeted by a few journalists so I figured it must be true. My bad.

FFS Billy man!!!! Unless you're looking at Spurs site with a picture of AVB holding a Spurs shirt don't say it's official! Startled me somewhat haha....

Hoping an appointment has been made early in the week, must admit it's taken longer than I thought but it makes sense to take time over the decision.

I'm not sure sacking a manager without having his replacement lined up is sensible at all.
I think the delay is in announcing it, not the appointment itself.

That's what I'm hoping for but you never know with Spurs!

i dont think AVB is overrated. people just forget how well Chelsea was playing before John Terry-Ferdinand scandal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.