The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

DaveTheYid said:
That plenty of luck theory is crap; Newcastle suprised people but If you actually look at there squad with players like Ben Arfa,Tiote and Cisse who scored tons of goals in Germany along with Ba who showed his promise with West Ham last year; It's actually a decent squad.

Over 38 games; Luck is not a factor.

I said plenty of luck and do, not Newcastle had plenty of luck.

United nearly pulled it off with plenty of "luck", you'd need the same.

DaveTheYid said:
That plenty of luck theory is crap; Newcastle suprised people but If you actually look at there squad with players like Ben Arfa,Tiote and Cisse who scored tons of goals in Germany along with Ba who showed his promise with West Ham last year; It's actually a decent squad.

Over 38 games; Luck is not a factor.

Over 38 games one solitary goal saw you miss out on 3rd place and thus the Champions league. One goal saw us win the league. The margins can be tight even at the end, every little helps.

So I guess we find out tomorrow (July 1st) if AVB is Spurs new manager.

He looked rather foolish at Chelsea, especially after Di Matteo's team did so well in the Cups after he left - but we don't know whether that was down to the players. Jury is out.

Not sure if Sigurdsson has signed yet but he looked very good as Swansea.

If I were Spurs I'd be very hopeful for the new season.

Got some quality players.

Kyle Walker, Bale, Lennon, Defoe, Sandro, Dawson

Think I'd buy a Keeper as Friedel looked a bit shaky at end of last season, a central defender as King has gone? and Gallas is 34? and a striker. Maybe Adebayor?

Spurs might benefit from being able to focus on the League and they will have a new start under a new manager. If they start well, anything can happen. I think they could be the team to watch. Chelsea are ageing. Utd are in transition from the Giggs, Scholes, Neville era with Fergie in danger of being seen as a lame duck manager in his last season, and Arsenal are continuing Wenger's tactic of buying 2nd rate players (Podolski and Giroud)

Marvin said:

He looked rather foolish at Chelsea, especially after Di Matteo's team did so well in the Cups after he left - but we don't know whether that was down to the players. Jury is out.

Think I'd buy a Keeper as Friedel looked a bit shaky at end of last season, a central defender as King has gone? and Gallas is 34? and a striker. Maybe Adebayor?

Spurs might benefit from being able to focus on the League and they will have a new start under a new manager. If they start well, anything can happen. I think they could be the team to watch. Chelsea are ageing. Utd are in transition from the Giggs, Scholes, Neville era with Fergie in danger of being seen as a lame duck manager in his last season, and Arsenal are continuing Wenger's tactic of buying 2nd rate players (Podolski and Giroud)

don't agree, there's a reason we beat them 5-1 at their place and it's because without somebody like Modric they're mediocre.

Chelsea will keep spending imo, the age argument won't be an issue next season I don't think.

Marvin said:

Lennon , Defoe & Dawson ? Quality?
Oh an Bale has just fookin cried off after all his prancing about in the GB kit - coont!

I think Andreash Vilash Boash will be a good appointment for Spurs personally, I wouldn't particularly pay any great attention in respect of his spell at Chelsea and certainly not as an indication of his overall ability, I think we can all read between the lines on what went on there, be interesting to see how he gets on.

AVB is so overrated, so he made it in Portugal and everyone jumped on the he's the next Mou bandwagon.

He's not 1/10 of what Mou is, going to flop again, oh well we should be celebrating haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.