The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

spurspinter1 said:
lee-mcfc said:
shall i put money on spurs to win 3-1 on sunday?

Depends what odds you can get

It's such a massive massive cliche but the first goal is pretty important. I think the knives will come out and Arsenal will bottle it if they concede first, after Sunderland got their first it looked like they were going to score everytime they went forward.
[bigimg]http://oi41.tinypic.com/b5jya9.jpg[/bigimg]

spurspinter1 said:
lee-mcfc said:

It's such a massive massive cliche but the first goal is pretty important. I think the knives will come out and Arsenal will bottle it if they concede first, after Sunderland got their first it looked like they were going to score everytime they went forward.
You should fucking destroy them. The only thing Arsenal have on you this season is Robin van Persie. They're not even bad like we are (internal conflict and complacency), they're just too weak in almost every area of their team. This game is yours to lose, derby or otherwise.

Castiel said:
spurspinter1 said:
lee-mcfc said:

You should fucking destroy them. The only thing Arsenal have on you this season is Robin van Persie. They're not even bad like we are (internal conflict and complacency), they're just too weak in almost every area of their team. This game is yours to lose, derby or otherwise.

Mikecini said:
Did you manage to see the Form Table I posted??

Your form in the PL has been dropping steadily...

Last six games 6th best.
Last eight games 5th best.
Last 10 games 4th best.

I'm not going to be majorly worried by a form table, I'm sure a week ago there were form tables showing that since O'neil went to Sunderland they were top of the table, but it doesn't mean much. The premier league table is what I focus on.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:35 pm --<br /><br />
lee-mcfc said:
[bigimg]http://oi41.tinypic.com/b5jya9.jpg[/bigimg]

It's worth a shot, think there's always a chance of RVP getting one in and our defence is prone to lapses even after mainly solid performances. I'd go for it though, 20/1 is really good considering recent form.

Castiel said:
spurspinter1 said:
lee-mcfc said:

I don't know, I don't think you can underestimate the derby effect. They were absolute dogshit (arguably worse than they are now) at the point that we played them at the Lane, and they still gave us a game.

The amount of times Liverpool get one over Utd for example, is usually a case of Liverpool having nothing to play for so it is their cup final, this is pretty much the case with Arsenal now so if the players can't get pumped up for this then they are in serious trouble.

As you said though, it is ours to lose, we can afford to lose it but they can't, which is nice as one might say they are perhaps ever so slightly prone to buckling under the pressure on occasion.

spurspinter1 said:
Mikecini said:

Last six games 6th best.
Last 10 games 4th best.

I'm not going to be majorly worried by a form table, I'm sure a week ago there were form tables showing that since O'neil went to Sunderland they were top of the table, but it doesn't mean much. The premier league table is what I focus on.

Pfft.... so because a form table, a list of results over 6,8 and 10 games, rather than the if, buts and what-could-have-been you posted doesn't suit your argument you just chose to ignore it. Trific..

Mikecini said:
spurspinter1 said:
Mikecini said:

Last six games 6th best.
Last 10 games 4th best.

I'm not going to be majorly worried by a form table, I'm sure a week ago there were form tables showing that since O'neil went to Sunderland they were top of the table, but it doesn't mean much. The premier league table is what I focus on.

Pfft.... so because a form table, a list of results over 6,8 and 10 games, rather than the if, buts and what-could-have-been you posted doesn't suit your argument you just chose to ignore it. Trific..

I'm not even sure what my argument is, you asked me a question and I answered it, then pointed out a source of information that I don't buy in to the use of.

spurspinter1 said:
Mikecini said:
spurspinter1 said:

I'm not even sure what my argument is, you asked me a question and I answered it, then pointed out a source of information that I don't buy in to the use of.

I'm not even sure what my argument is

Best leave it there then.

Mikecini said:
spurspinter1 said:
Mikecini said:

Last six games 6th best.
Last 10 games 4th best.

The form over any of our last 6,8,10 games if replicated over the season to this point would have us in 3rd, exactly the position we're in now. What exactly do you want to discuss out of that?

AJ101 said:
The form over any of our last 6,8,10 games if replicated over the season to this point would have us in 3rd, exactly the position we're in now. What exactly do you want to discuss out of that?

I like you.

It'll be quite interesting to see whether we have the same deafening silence that supposedly succeeded Mikecini's awesome form table that really enlightened me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.