The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

spurspinter1 said:
zeven said:
To AJ101
I'm not bitter about City's spending in the last couple of years, that's life and we've been through it before with Chelsea and Blackburn it's nothing new. Quite why City fans are so bitter about Spurs just because the newspapers and commentators say we play nice football is beyond me however.
This i've never understood. for me its a myth.

1. your tactics are non existent, only old fashion english play, 2. pacy wingers and 3. one target man in the middle, and hit fast on the counter. 4. still United do it far better than you.

5. I'm only 30 so maybe thats why i prefer, 6. pass and move, possesion based football. ala barcelona old arsenal and now city.

My personal opinion, i hope you guys sink like a ship next season, if it wouldnt been for Liverpool, i would put you on level with united on my dislike list.
7. your manager just cant shut the fuck up about other teams players, he tactical inept. and a 8. tax criminal. 9. You have inbreds like walker (is he english btw) in your team too.

i do respect bale and parker though, just a shame they play for you.

You've taken a tiny segment of a really good post and seem to have misunderstood it completely.

So I'll attempt to get through your post...

1. You've said our tactics our non-existent, then go on to voice your opinion on our tactics. Huh?

2. One of the biggest complaints on here that I've seen is the lack of a decent pacy winger

3. I'd say Dzeko is much more of a steretypical target man than Ade is. And there's nothing wrong with playing a target man anyway, don't see what the issue is.

4. The only Utd striker I'd consider to be a target man is berba, and he's an unorthodox one at that so I don't get you here.

5. I don't see what your age has to do with what you have posted.

6. If you think you play like Barca then that is your opinion, fair enough.

7. "Hazard has an enormous level of talent and is able to play at the maximum level," Mancini is quoted as saying by French magazine Le 10 Sport. "But we know there is interest from the big European clubs and any deal will not be easy."

De Rossi is a champion and would be the perfect man to improve City. If we get the right signals [from Roma], it is worth trying [to sign him].

'I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Rome. But if he doesn't sign, City will be ready.

It's naive to think they're not all at it, some more than others of course.

8. Apparently not

9. What pleasure do you get from calling Walker an inbred? Really?

reasonable post

Maybe my post drifted a bit off topic. I just saw my chance to get my dislike of spurs off my chest.

a couple of things i will try to make more clear.

1, my impression, Arry is unable to change tactics according to opposition or under play.
its like he put on a game from the 70s, on TV and thats it and the tacical aspects of his job is done. You are very close to the new arsenal in that regard.

2, Have you ever read qoutes from Walker? sorry to say it but the guy is stupid beyond belief.
WALKERTWEET.png

3 Your lack of a target man last season proves my point regarding your tactics and style of play. how many goals come from your strikes? i bet it could have been more by changing tactics or a striker that actually worked with your current tactics (mention in my previous post) its not that Defoe is a bad player, because hes not.

4, I never said City play like/ecually good football as barca? i said i prefer pass and move possesion based football like barca, old arsenal and the way City try to play.

last i want to point out, that hope you dont take it personally because i like you as a member on this forum! its just your team and manager i cant come around to like.

Spurspinter1,

De Rossi was free to negotiate with other clubs. Mancini IMO was therefore able to talk about him without being accused of tapping up the player. Not the best example.

Redknapp blatantly tapped-up Dunne, Cole, James and Distin while they were playing for us. He appears to talk often about players at other clubs on a regular basis. He revels in it. I have strong suspicion that he uses his fellow East End spivs in the press to leak information to unsettle players. I read a rumour on here that it was him who told Harry Harris about us trying to sign Kaka. He's a gobshite.

Manc in London said:
Spurspinter1,

De Rossi was free to negotiate with other clubs. Mancini IMO was therefore able to talk about him without being accused of tapping up the player. Not the best example.

Redknapp blatantly tapped-up Dunne, Cole, James and Distin while they were playing for us. He appears to talk often about players at other clubs on a regular basis. He revels in it. I have strong suspicion that he uses his fellow East End spivs in the press to leak information to unsettle players. I read a rumour on here that it was him who told Harry Harris about us trying to sign Kaka. He's a gobshite.

I don't know about Dunne, Cole, James and Distin as I honestly can't remember what was said in the press back then but what Harry is so often lambasted for isn't against any rules.

That being said it's pretty pointless and doesn't help anyone (The player, Harry, Spurs, the players club) except for the press. I wish he'd just STFU and learn the words "no comment" but I can't see him changing now. I'm sure he's on a Pay Per Word deal with one of the newspapers or Sky Sports because he just can't keep his mouth shut about anything.

Mikecini said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Mikecini said:
When all else fails, return to the mantra.

if you take Newcastle and put in Liverpool Spurs are 5th out of 6 in total spent in the PL and 3rd in net spend out of those 6.

Or to put it another way.In the last five years Spurs have outspent every other PL team except ourselves, Lpool, Chelsea.

Under Harry, Spurs have had a net spend of just £22,230,000.

That's a tad over £7,400,000 a season....

8283.jpg

...Peanuts by today's standards.

spurspinter1 said:
zeven said:
To AJ101
I'm not bitter about City's spending in the last couple of years, that's life and we've been through it before with Chelsea and Blackburn it's nothing new. Quite why City fans are so bitter about Spurs just because the newspapers and commentators say we play nice football is beyond me however.
This i've never understood. for me its a myth.

1. your tactics are non existent, only old fashion english play, 2. pacy wingers and 3. one target man in the middle, and hit fast on the counter. 4. still United do it far better than you.

5. I'm only 30 so maybe thats why i prefer, 6. pass and move, possesion based football. ala barcelona old arsenal and now city.

My personal opinion, i hope you guys sink like a ship next season, if it wouldnt been for Liverpool, i would put you on level with united on my dislike list.
7. your manager just cant shut the fuck up about other teams players, he tactical inept. and a 8. tax criminal. 9. You have inbreds like walker (is he english btw) in your team too.

i do respect bale and parker though, just a shame they play for you.

You've taken a tiny segment of a really good post and seem to have misunderstood it completely.

So I'll attempt to get through your post...

1. You've said our tactics our non-existent, then go on to voice your opinion on our tactics. Huh?

2. One of the biggest complaints on here that I've seen is the lack of a decent pacy winger

3. I'd say Dzeko is much more of a steretypical target man than Ade is. And there's nothing wrong with playing a target man anyway, don't see what the issue is.

4. The only Utd striker I'd consider to be a target man is berba, and he's an unorthodox one at that so I don't get you here.

5. I don't see what your age has to do with what you have posted.

6. If you think you play like Barca then that is your opinion, fair enough.

7. "Hazard has an enormous level of talent and is able to play at the maximum level," Mancini is quoted as saying by French magazine Le 10 Sport. "But we know there is interest from the big European clubs and any deal will not be easy."

De Rossi is a champion and would be the perfect man to improve City. If we get the right signals [from Roma], it is worth trying [to sign him].

'I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Rome. But if he doesn't sign, City will be ready.

It's naive to think they're not all at it, some more than others of course.

8. Apparently not

9. What pleasure do you get from calling Walker an inbred? Really?

Good post. I enjoy having the other fans on here, getting a different view on things is really good for discussion.

When it comes to Spurs myself I think I can sum up my view as the following.

I hate the manager and I hate this media obsession with them. The team however I like and I personally have never had a problem with a single spurs fan, up until I mention I hate 'Arry.

Spurs fans,

How can you justify the massive growth in total wages under Harry Redknapp. And do you truly feel comfortable with signing Eden Hazard at higher wages than almost all of your top earners?

THFC6061 said:
Mikecini said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
if you take Newcastle and put in Liverpool Spurs are 5th out of 6 in total spent in the PL and 3rd in net spend out of those 6.

Or to put it another way.In the last five years Spurs have outspent every other PL team except ourselves, Lpool, Chelsea.

8283.jpg

All you have proved there is that the total spent by 'Arry is that near £100 mill inside three years. The stockpile of players sold are still assets of the club they still had a value congratulations to the management before 'arry for building that group. Down to Levy I guess.

By using your formula or net spending Trafford United have had a net spend less than the vast majority of the PL over the last few years due largely to the sale of Ronaldo.

Mikecini said:
THFC6061 said:
Mikecini said:

8283.jpg

All you have proved there is that the total spent by 'Arry is that near £100 mill inside three years. The stockpile of players sold are still assets of the club they still had a value congratulations to the management before 'arry for building that group. Down to Levy I guess.

By using your formula or net spending Trafford United have had a net spend less than the vast majority of the PL over the last few years due largely to the sale of Ronaldo.

If you buy a new car for £20,000 but use your old car, valued at £12,000 as a trade-in, you've spent £8,000.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.