The Treble

I was fortunate enough to be there. What a great day. Put the upstarts in their place. This was their end at full time, BEFORE their team had gone up for their medals....
View attachment 89034

Great supporters, eh?
To be fair our end would have been exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

To be honest, I was there on that day and I'm not sure I would have hung around watching our hated rivals lifting the FA Cup.
I don't blame them for that; I wouldn't want to see utd lifting the cup. I was referring to them not hanging around to see their own team go up for their medals. To me, that's poor. But it seems there's quite a few on here who would do the same. Fair enough.

I was at all the games mentioned and I left at final whistle for Wigan and would ahve definitely done the same with the rags.
Istanbul was an enigma. The Milan songs were all co-ordinated from conductors and thus noisy. Many times there were 2/3 songs being sung by different areas of blues, at the same time thus seeming very disorganised. The lack of roof being problematic.
I absolutely hate the co-ordinated, repetitive singing best displayed by the Germans in particular, but copied throughout Europe. It was a one off, we'll do better at all our subsequent CL Finals.

Have I missed the sky and BBC documentary about our treble ?
Nobody will do one for years yet because no single station holds the rights to show footage for all the competitions.

The Premier League have done a really good documentary about our PL win:

UEFA have done a really good short film about the CL final:

Hopefully they do a full film of it.

Hopefully City+ will do a really good series about the treble as a whole.

I'll predict one thing you won't miss in December..

..when the BBC 'Sports Review of the Year' moves on to the 'Team of the Year" award, treble-winning City won't get a look in if the England Netball team* goes on to win the World Cup, having just beaten New Zealand in the semi-final.

Just as in 2018, City's 'Centurions'/League Cup winners were pipped to the award by the England netball team, which rode its luck to beat Australia in the Commonwealth Games final.

(* Btw, good luck and fair play to the 'Roses'.. I just watched them win and they did extremely well to beat NZ. I hope they win the final, of course and win the trophy for what would be an historic first time.

However, comparing a potential victory in a knockout tournament lasting 3-4 weeks with a 10 month season which included a World Cup to which City provided the greatest number of players from any single club and which ended with winning the three greatest prizes in club football.. well, I don't quite think that's a fair estimation of relative achievements.

Even now, I can hear Gary Lineker sharpening his pencil to write his introductory link to the winning coach and captain of the Roses squad before they step up to accept the team award..)

Hey ho! That's just the way it is, I suppose..
SPOTY awards are not real trophies nor real recognition of anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.