The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

These Leicester fans are getting very giddy !

Enjoy winning the PL title but don't think that means you're going to be challenging for trophies every season. You might but frankly the odds are stacked against

These Leicester fans are getting very giddy !

Enjoy winning the PL title but don't think that means you're going to be challenging for trophies every season. You might but frankly the odds are stacked against

Don't think they will be that arsed! They never expected to win the league ever and are about to! Can dine on it for years.

After the aguero moment I was a bit like - what happens now like a lot of other city fans. The chase is better than the catch.

They don't test stringently in football for drugs do they? Hence the likes of Wenger and figures alluding to it at times. That doesn't even cover the possibilities of masking agents being developed. I'm sure I've read they only do on the spot piss tests. Its far from a ridiculous or bitter notion that any clubs has players doing it, when they probably are. It happens in every other sport, you'd be naive to think football is the only clean sport when it's one of the loosely tested.

Perhaps it can be argued that they don't test enough, however last season 366 out of 530 PL players were randomly tested. I agree that testing in football isn't perfect, as with many sports, and think that every PL footballer should be randomly tested at least once a season.

That said, the idea that you could possibly regularly dope the majority of your PL players, in the hope none will be chosen for a random test post-match, at training or at the player's home address (based on a random test figure of 366 players last season), is simply ludicrous. The testing takes both blood and urine samples, and unlike many other sports it also includes analysis for both recreational drugs and PEDs.

Leicester fan here. Been supporting the club through the struggles and adversity for the past 10 years. Yesterday after the whistle was blown for full time in our game, I had tears coming out. It was a monumental moment. I really couldn't believe Leicester are going to win the title, I never thought I would live to see this moment, honestly. I mean it wasn't too long ago where we were in League One. But wow, just to see the fact the whole country are behind Leicester is also another thing I thought I'd never see. I've just registered here to share a perspective.

Before this season had even began, with the appointment of the "Tinkerman", a huge chunk of Leicester fans were staunchly opposed to the direction this club was heading towards. We just hired a manager who couldn't even beat Faroe Islands! A lot believed we would be fighting relegation after merely surviving relegation. Players like Kante and Okazaki, who were signed, barely had any reputation anywhere. I can safely say now, all Leicester fans have come to embrace our current manager. Just to win the league, feels like we are experiencing something from a parallel universe. Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Morgan, Okazaki, Drinkwater, all have been class this season. Some of that talent just needed a bit of maturing and glad they all finally clicked together this season. Leicester have now pretty much emulated Chelsea or City's transformation into a "big club" without a financial takeover or artificial wealth. We have done it naturally. I believe from this season, once we win the title, we need to ensure stability at the top. I firmly believe Ranieri is the man to guarantee us good stablity at the top and we need to use the CL money and PL champions money wisely. We need to invest in another striker and a midfielder, yes our squad is already strong but we need some future-proofing. I mean Totti to Leicester would be magnificient. I am keen if our club would be able to sign someone like Morata or Lukaku, possibly a decent midfielder from Bundesliga would do us good too. I am also very excited to see Leicester at the CL next year, hope we can emulate Wolfsburg/PSV's run in the CL this year. Our aim hopefully next season is to secure top 4 or top 6 at least, I am aware of how hard retaining the title is. Finishing below top 6 would be a kick up our expectations but I am sure Ranieri will not allow it to happen. I also am finding how impressive our title challenge has been, we are 8 points off top currently. I mean, City haven't even won the PL by that huge of a margin. That's what makes this even more extraordinary.

I hope City can go all out and win the Champions League this season, putting the struggles in the league to one side. Stay classy.

Well pleased for you. I hope your club stays grounded and closes out this title win - 3 points in Streford next weekend would be great for us too. I so wanted us to win the title this season but we've fallen short but I am pleased for you all - known a few Foxes fans down the years and had plenty of good craic. Good on you. And, yeah, stay classy!

Leicester fan here. Been supporting the club through the struggles and adversity for the past 10 years. Yesterday after the whistle was blown for full time in our game, I had tears coming out. It was a monumental moment. I really couldn't believe Leicester are going to win the title, I never thought I would live to see this moment, honestly. I mean it wasn't too long ago where we were in League One. But wow, just to see the fact the whole country are behind Leicester is also another thing I thought I'd never see. I've just registered here to share a perspective.

Before this season had even began, with the appointment of the "Tinkerman", a huge chunk of Leicester fans were staunchly opposed to the direction this club was heading towards. We just hired a manager who couldn't even beat Faroe Islands! A lot believed we would be fighting relegation after merely surviving relegation. Players like Kante and Okazaki, who were signed, barely had any reputation anywhere. I can safely say now, all Leicester fans have come to embrace our current manager. Just to win the league, feels like we are experiencing something from a parallel universe. Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Morgan, Okazaki, Drinkwater, all have been class this season. Some of that talent just needed a bit of maturing and glad they all finally clicked together this season. Leicester have now pretty much emulated Chelsea or City's transformation into a "big club" without a financial takeover or artificial wealth. We have done it naturally. I believe from this season, once we win the title, we need to ensure stability at the top. I firmly believe Ranieri is the man to guarantee us good stablity at the top and we need to use the CL money and PL champions money wisely. We need to invest in another striker and a midfielder, yes our squad is already strong but we need some future-proofing. I mean Totti to Leicester would be magnificient. I am keen if our club would be able to sign someone like Morata or Lukaku, possibly a decent midfielder from Bundesliga would do us good too. I am also very excited to see Leicester at the CL next year, hope we can emulate Wolfsburg/PSV's run in the CL this year. Our aim hopefully next season is to secure top 4 or top 6 at least, I am aware of how hard retaining the title is. Finishing below top 6 would be a kick up our expectations but I am sure Ranieri will not allow it to happen. I also am finding how impressive our title challenge has been, we are 8 points off top currently. I mean, City haven't even won the PL by that huge of a margin. That's what makes this even more extraordinary.

I hope City can go all out and win the Champions League this season, putting the struggles in the league to one side. Stay classy.

This is a pretty classy post considering we (myself included) have been going on about doping all the time. We're just trying to deal with our WTF (?) issues. I don't know if there are shenanigans going on drug wise but it wouldn't be confined to Leicester City, anyway.

Well done to your team, whatever happens and as others have said, you'll be walking on air once it becomes official, so make the most of it. It's a fantastic feeling.

Last edited:
Great for Leicester winning it.........if they do. But I cannot celebrate a complete twat like Robert Huth winning anything, what a twat!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.