The truth about FC United and Manchester City Council

This is an appeal for Manchester City Council to please reconsider this proposal. I suffer with bipolar disorder, and my mother is elderly and disabled. We live right opposite the proposed site and this stadium would have so much impact on our lives it would be devastating.

hopeful said:
This is an appeal for Manchester City Council to please reconsider this proposal. I suffer with bipolar disorder, and my mother is elderly and disabled. We live right opposite the proposed site and this stadium would have so much impact on our lives it would be devastating.

Those against it will need to re-group and see what can (if anything) happen next. It's been a done deal since day one and the cost to fight this further would be very high........

Hang on a minute.

Wasn't the ground that city use built with tax payers money. Arn't MCFC a proffessional business. If you look into the agreement you will see that the club will be accessable to all the locals. You will note that FCUM are a cooperative not for profit organisation. The profit made will go back into the club, semi proffessional and then back into the local area as well. The family of Ronald Johnson also gave their blessing to the developemnt.

Ten acres was our want and as said the likes of Mr Cook interfering stopped that with the big bucks as premiership clubs now do. Although you are blues look at it properly and dont be so blinkered.

Blue sausage said:
Hang on a minute.

Wasn't the ground that city use built with tax payers money. Arn't MCFC a proffessional business. If you look into the agreement you will see that the club will be accessable to all the locals. You will note that FCUM are a cooperative not for profit organisation. The profit made will go back into the club, semi proffessional and then back into the local area as well. The family of Ronald Johnson also gave their blessing to the developemnt.

Ten acres was our want and as said the likes of Mr Cook interfering stopped that with the big bucks as premiership clubs now do. Although you are blues look at it properly and dont be so blinkered.

it was lottery money, and we paid a huge chunk to convert it. we are a big fat cash cow for the council.

Blue sausage said:
Hang on a minute.

1. City are one of the major long-term income streams for the council at a time when hundreds of staff are being laid off and services to the neediest are being axed.
2. The council received the Maine Road site. The club has also invested millions in the Eastlands site, with hundreds of millions more too be invested in the campus. We are regenerating unwanted brownfield land. FC Hypocrite are developing greenfield land covered by charitable covenant.
3. Your other club received major investment from the taxpayer to redevelop Old Trafford for the 1966 World Cup.
4. You are not a blue, so why the username?
5. How can you justify the clear conflict of interest with your manager working for the spouse of one of the local councillors?

bobmcfc said:
Blue sausage said:
Hang on a minute.

it was lottery money, and we paid a huge chunk to convert it. we are a big fat cash cow for the council.
So will FCUM be, or at least, that's the plan on both sides, and they can't be without their own ground. Although judging by the way Claremont Road has recovered since Maine Road was bulldozed, why anyone in a built-up area would want a football stadium building near their house, I have no idea, and what benefits a football stadium is supposed to bring to a built-up area, I have no idea. The planning hearing could be very interesting indeed.

I also accept that they need a stadium of their own, but by building that stadium in a built-up area, don't FCUM instantly create a physical ceiling for their own hopes as well as annoy the shit out of all their neighbours once a fortnight? I mean, think on 20 years, with their support and business plan, they could feasibly get promoted through the divisions to the Championship, and if they can keep the prices low they could easily need a much bigger stadium. They could perhaps even justify a ground share at Old Trafford, as presumably a lot more utd fans who can't afford £45 a game to see utd faling back down the divisions might want to go to see FCUM at the same ground every week instead, but anyway, I'm just pontificating now as that's incredibly unlikely to happen, although it would be very funny indeed.

LongsightM13 said:
2. The council received the Maine Road site. The club has also invested millions in the Eastlands site, with hundreds of millions more too be invested in the campus. We are regenerating unwanted brownfield land. FC Hypocrite are developing greenfield land covered by charitable covenant.
This is the only point of those five that I totally agree with. We had a lot to offer, and still do. However, I suspect the costs involved with redeveloping a brownfield site would be prohibitive for anyone except MCFC, especially not the council, so the choice is presumably very limited.

Notwithstanding the above, this stinks to high heaven.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:11 pm --<br /><br />
hopeful said:
Not wishing to take sides on this, but how does the development of a closed football field into a league football stadium affect the health of you or your mother? Apart from the building works of course - and I don't think there's any dispensation in the planning regs for neighbours' complaints about disruption or noise during the planned works, otherwise nothing would ever get built!

baldmosher said:
Not wishing to take sides on this, but how does the development of a closed football field into a league football stadium affect the health of you or your mother? Apart from the building works of course - and I don't think there's any dispensation in the planning regs for neighbours' complaints about disruption or noise during the planned works, otherwise nothing would ever get built!

FCUM are very keen on saying ''we will only be playing 20 odd games a year'', which is correct.
What they are not saying is the club house will be open every night for social functions (weddings / birthday parties / whatever anyone wants it for parties / games on TV etc) so you have the comings and goings there each night, as well as there being an artificial pitch with floodlights in use every night, so added cars coming and going and associated noise.
Many people chose to live in that area because the land opposite was green (and they thought protected by a covenant) and they could have (in general) a quieter life.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
politico said:
This development being for a semi pro club called FC UNITED of Manchester-that was not the main part of your objection-give over.

If MCC and Gary Cook had not knocked back the TAL plans then we would not be where we are-oh and the MEN are a law unto themselves -always have been. This is not a done deal and no one with red inclinations is taking anything for granted as planning was granted for the previous plans and money and politics knocked those into a tin hat!

FCUM will be sensitive and responsible if we ever move to Moston but until the whistle is blown at the first match-no one from the club will actually believe this will happen.

So what exactly was / is the main part of my objection?
Local people don't want anything built on the land. The land was a gift to the people of Moston / Manchester and given to the council (or the Corporation as it was back then) to take care of and maintain it as a green space for all to enjoy.

The council illegally fenced the area off four years ago. Now they have used the fact that as no one has had access to the area for that length of time (except Moston Juniors FC) as an excuse for taking it away completely.
FCUM head honchos may well say they will be ''sensitive and responsible''. But what if they are not? Too late then, isn't it.

Our legal man has a few surprises up his sleeve. But there's no way the council will have put in so much time and effort into this to have their own councillors scupper the plan. You know it and I know it.

How can it be illegal to fence of the land they own

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
politico said:
This development being for a semi pro club called FC UNITED of Manchester-that was not the main part of your objection-give over.

If MCC and Gary Cook had not knocked back the TAL plans then we would not be where we are-oh and the MEN are a law unto themselves -always have been. This is not a done deal and no one with red inclinations is taking anything for granted as planning was granted for the previous plans and money and politics knocked those into a tin hat!

FCUM will be sensitive and responsible if we ever move to Moston but until the whistle is blown at the first match-no one from the club will actually believe this will happen.

So what exactly was / is the main part of my objection?
Local people don't want anything built on the land. The land was a gift to the people of Moston / Manchester and given to the council (or the Corporation as it was back then) to take care of and maintain it as a green space for all to enjoy.

The council illegally fenced the area off four years ago. Now they have used the fact that as no one has had access to the area for that length of time (except Moston Juniors FC) as an excuse for taking it away completely.
FCUM head honchos may well say they will be ''sensitive and responsible''. But what if they are not? Too late then, isn't it.

Our legal man has a few surprises up his sleeve. But there's no way the council will have put in so much time and effort into this to have their own councillors scupper the plan. You know it and I know it.

How can it be illegal to fence of the land they own

Because the land was sold with the intentions that the Corporation (as the Council was at the time) would keep it open and for use of recreation for the citizens of Moston / Manchester - hence the covenant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.