The TV Quiz Show Thread

It's pretty well known among quizzers by now that Tipping Point does not accept many auditions by people who are above average at quizzing. It was essentially created for people who find The Chase too difficult.

I've always wondered what would happen if someone got on Tipping Point by pretending to be stupid in their audition, then smashed the quiz.
A solicitor I used to work with got on Tipping Point. He is one of the top head injury compensation solicitors in the country. He also appeared in I Daniel Blake. He is in the final scene, the guy in the wheel chair. His name is Mick Laffy. Anyway, he won the 10k on Tipping Point and afterwards one of the producers accused him of dumbing down his application. Never mentioned he was a solicitor & left out most of his qualifications. At this point he told them he had applied under the name Michael Laffey and been rejected .

2 lads who work at the land registry also applied for Pointless and actually did get an email telling them they were too intelligent for Pointless and had they thought of applying for Mastermind

Bridge of Lies … shit show but a woman was seriously thinking Henry VIII was married to Marie Antoinette. Same team thought ‘cc’ in an email meant ‘centralised copy’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.