The TV Quiz Show Thread

I didn't know, but in the chase whoever buzzes first the other person has 5 seconds to answer, agree about length of questions though, always seems the chaser gets shorter questions,saying that, my Mrs was on the chase, 3 got through to the final chase and one of the blokes just kept answering really quick questions they ended up scoring 23 against frosty knickers, and won 6k :)
Your Mrs was on The Chase?

No need to keep going on about it.....

I often wonder on timed quiz shows such as Mastermind or The Chase, as to whether each contestants questions are timed too, for example, asking that question as you did above, takes longer to ask than "who was the Prime Minister at the start of WW2".
If contestant A repeatedly gets longer questions than contestant B, clearly A is at a disadvantage by having fewer questions asked.
The question setters will have taken the length of questions into account when creating a batch so that they’re as equal as possible.

The bit about The Chase that annoys me is when there’s a really tricky question that someone gets right and Bradley goes “Ohhh, correct”, it could put the contestant or chaser off their stride imo.

I often wonder on timed quiz shows such as Mastermind or The Chase, as to whether each contestants questions are timed too, for example, asking that question as you did above, takes longer to ask than "who was the Prime Minister at the start of WW2".
If contestant A repeatedly gets longer questions than contestant B, clearly A is at a disadvantage by having fewer questions asked.

I did once hear someone answering that exact question on a documentary about Mastermind many years ago. And he said each persons questions are worked out so they take up the exact same amount of time, over the two minutes or whatever it is.

No thick morons tonight on the chase, the beast offered 1 guy 102 fousand pounds.. never been known
They were a good team and deservedly won
The Beast was rattled early on with a few wrong / passes and knew the game was up.
The one funny spot was the last lad to go up. Ran musical pub quizzes and was asked to name the earliest solo artist to have a hit and chose Belinda Carlisle over Johnny Preston saying she was in the Go Go's before being solo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.