The TV Quiz Show Thread

A 60 plus person k ows who Buzz Aldrin and Tommy Cooper but contestants under 30 would struggle, especially on Cooper

I’m 33 and I’d like to say I’ve known about Tommy Cooper for a good 20 years. He was always on TV clip shows and my grandad who was the same age as him used to talk about him all the time.

It is admittedly harder to know about things that happened before you were born that older people take for granted but most of it comes down to a complete lack of intellectual curiosity.

We all know about people like Alexander Graham Bell or Harry Houdini and they both died about a hundred years ago. You don’t even have to try that hard, just take an interest in what older people say and you’ll pick plenty of stuff up.

I have, and I won it.

I can't say which quiz, as you may be able to identify me, and this forum is supposed to be anonymous.
I didn’t say anything but I heard a couple of blokes talking about a classic Bluemoon thread in The Grove on Sunday just gone. I’ve no idea who either of them were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.