The Victory Parade (Merged)

Re: Tevez - "R.I.P. Fergie"

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Uproar over nothing... the joke about "Not in my lifetime" has gone on all year that by Fergies logic, he'll be dead by the time we pick up the title.

There was even a "Not in my lifetime" banner at the Etihad on Sunday when the pitch was invaded.

15q5k69.jpg

Exactly. Just look at my user name and when I joined in on here.

chaddblue said:
I was near exchange square at the end of the parade.

After they'd passed the bus seemed to vanish!! Did the driver put his foot down and disappear into Cheetham Hill ?!?

more or less..Went down Todd St in front of Victoria Station and away

The crowding was that bad I thought at one point I'd never get out alive.

Probably get shot down for this but I can't understand why some took babies in prams, and why they tried to get in the thick of it opposite Marks and Sparks.

Braggster said:
jrb said:
Once again.

To all those complaining. Read this and........

Mancini time! Fergie argues Premier League should ensure all final day games finish at the same time

"It happened and it's unfortunate. We all thought we'd done it," says United boss of dramatic deouement

Sir Alex Ferguson has complained at Manchester City winning the title in 'Fergie time'.

United thought they had retained the title after their 1-0 win at Sunderland, with City drawing 2-2 at home to QPR.

But City plundered a 94th-minute winner through Sergio Aguero to snatch the title from United's grasp.

Now United boss Ferguson has called on the Premier League to ensure that final day matches finish at the same time in future.

"It's something I think the Premier League should look at because no team should be finishing after the other team," said Ferguson.

"But it happened and it's unfortunate. We all thought we'd done it.

"Then the Sunderland fans started cheering we knew they [City] had scored again.

"Obviously we knew QPR and I said a couple of things to Mike Phelan [United assistant boss].

"One was that if QPR were leading, I wondered if City would equalise, because I thought they'd get a big impetus from that. I worried about that and it happened.

"But I think everybody expected City to win. They made it difficult for themselves and QPR performed well until they found out they were safe.

"And I think, as Mark Hughes said, they quit, you know. So that was disappointing. It's hard to digest, because we played so well at Sunderland.

"Their keeper made four fantastic saves, we've hit the post twice, hit the bar, missed a couple of good chances - we could have scored eight.

"But when it comes down to goal difference we've only ourselves to blame because we've missed a lot of chances. We're very charitable to our opponents." [/code]

He is an incredibly sore loser. What a sour faced, despicable ****. Classic Fergie to draw that nonsense conclusion that all games should finish at the same time. How on earth can "no team finish after the other team"? What a grade a bellend.

Who gives a fuck about the sign? If fergie has a problem with it he shouldn't have made his "not in my lifetime" comment, should he? Dickhead.

Exactly.

mackenzie said:

Probably get shot down for this but I can't understand why some took babies in prams, and why they tried to get in the thick of it opposite Marks and Sparks.

No you are quite right. I said the same thing too. If you take a buggy, surely you would keep a safe distance, there was one pissed up balloon yesterday who fell into a pram.

Just a question - what was the estimated attendance yesterday? Started reading this thread and it talked about 100k but then went on and on and on about Tevez's poster. It looked there must have been A LOT more than 100k on the streets surely?

glen quagmire said:
mackenzie said:

No you are quite right. I said the same thing too. If you take a buggy, surely you would keep a safe distance, there was one pissed up balloon yesterday who fell into a pram.

And me block in by 3 of them, couldn't fucking move!

BringBackSwales said:
Just a question - what was the estimated attendance yesterday? Started reading this thread and it talked about 100k but then went on and on and on about Tevez's poster. It looked there must have been A LOT more than 100k on the streets surely?

On the tv news about 4pm yesterday it said the police were expecting 100k, that's 1 hour before I set off, 2.5 hours before the bus left Albert square and 4 hours before it arrived in exchange square.

Seems like all the media have settled on an estimate before most people had left home

For the record, I reckon at least 150k, the place was crammed

ellibb said:
BringBackSwales said:

On the tv news about 4pm yesterday it said the police were expecting 100k, that's 1 hour before I set off, 2.5 hours before the bus left Albert square and 4 hours before it arrived in exchange square.

Seems like all the media have settled on an estimate before most people had left home

For the record, I reckon at least 150k, the place was crammed

I was in albert square myself but looking on the video on the OS the streets and sidestreets were absoutely hammered, looks way more than 100k

glen quagmire said:
mackenzie said:

Maybe they just didn't realise?

I got there about ten to 7 (near the City shop) and by then loads of people had walked down from Picc etc to catch the rest of the parade. It was bloody mental because they were all trying to walk in one direction whilst the rest of us were battling through the other way.

I felt for the Mums with babies in pushchairs but surely the Police should have warned them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.