The Waiting List

Mothball said:
I think the £100 down payment just to go on a fkn waiting list is taking the fkn Piss

I can see your point but we are expanding and the club wants some commitment from us fans in regards to financial security. When I got that survey 6 month back (I think) about expansion I thought they'd go down this route. It's one thing fans saying they would get a ST and it's another people actually shelling the cash out and putting their money where their mouths are.

It's all down to perspective fella. Just see it as you saving yourself some cash down the line. £100 now before Xmas isn't the best of timing but it's £100 less when the ST's are finally available. I think you suffer from it being an invisible product for £100.

west didsblue said:
CC1 said:
west didsblue said:
Had a phone call from the ticket office this morning asking if I had family that wanted to go on the list. If they're already calling people, perhaps the take up isn't as good as hoped.

I think it's called 'marketing'!! Have you heard the scum continually advertising on their Talksport station? It's embarrassing. Rather the club's sales people did their work on the phone
I am aware of the concept of marketing. I have also had texts, emails and a letter in the post so it would be difficult to be unaware of it. My point is that if the waiting list was doing well, there would not be the need for phone calls as well; at least not until the take up rate had slowed to a trickle.

Too early to judge and they have to strike whilst the publicity is hot<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 pm --<br /><br />
Mothball said:
oakiecokie said:
Mothball said:
I think the £100 down payment just to go on a fkn waiting list is taking the fkn Piss

Quite obviously 2000 other people don`t agree with you !!!

Didnt say they had to agree with me! MY Opinion only, but i will not be paying to go on a waiting list! Who knows what my circumstances will be in 2 years!!

It's not that you are paying to go on the waiting list as you get your money back when you buy your ticket. And you get your money back if there are no seats left at the price you want to pay

I think anyway :)

Mothball said:

Stops time wasters and gives them more of a feel for genuine interest

blueyorkie said:
Mothball said:

Stops time wasters and gives them more of a feel for genuine interest

That may be but it also ensures a lot of people who are genuinely interested leave it and take their chances in two years time.

In the meantime a chance for them to be made to feel part of the club has been missed.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
Where was that mentioned. I didnt see that.

Straight from the horses mouth - Danny Wilson rang me a couple of months ago after I had a little moan about being ousted for corporate types when the proposal was first mentioned. He said as we all sit in the north section of the CB2 then we would only be affected if they build the North stand and that would only happen if there was demand for additional seats (Hence the "£100 waiting list" to gauge serious demand) . Fair play to Danny, he rang me on a Friday night about 7:00pm and was on for 45 minutes explaining everything.

Well I am North side of CB too so maybe not affected. Not sure how they can justify the price rise on one side and not on the other for the same view in the same seat. I accept that you get access to a bar but at least £400 a year for access to a bar seems hefty!

£400 is fairly reasonable in this day and age, 10 years ago at Sunderland they were paying £1200 pa for a Sports Bar membership whilst the 1894 club is over £1000 pa

NipHolmes said:
Mothball said:

I can see your point but we are expanding and the club wants some commitment from us fans in regards to financial security. When I got that survey 6 month back (I think) about expansion I thought they'd go down this route. It's one thing fans saying they would get a ST and it's another people actually shelling the cash out and putting their money where their mouths are.

It's all down to perspective fella. Just see it as you saving yourself some cash down the line. £100 now before Xmas isn't the best of timing but it's £100 less when the ST's are finally available. I think you suffer from it being an invisible product for £100.

It doesn't have to be £100 before Chrimbo as you can pay £25 for 4 months. I think the way that City have gone about it is very reasonable.

blueyorkie said:
Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
Straight from the horses mouth - Danny Wilson rang me a couple of months ago after I had a little moan about being ousted for corporate types when the proposal was first mentioned. He said as we all sit in the north section of the CB2 then we would only be affected if they build the North stand and that would only happen if there was demand for additional seats (Hence the "£100 waiting list" to gauge serious demand) . Fair play to Danny, he rang me on a Friday night about 7:00pm and was on for 45 minutes explaining everything.

Well I am North side of CB too so maybe not affected. Not sure how they can justify the price rise on one side and not on the other for the same view in the same seat. I accept that you get access to a bar but at least £400 a year for access to a bar seems hefty!

£400 is fairly reasonable in this day and age, 10 years ago at Sunderland they were paying £1200 pa for a Sports Bar membership whilst the 1894 club is over £1000 pa

I can see why someone with a business might be interested for entertaining people but for me who has 2 pints before the game it would make each pint £14.

Now that the Waiting List is open to the next category of qualifying supporters (see OS), can anyone who recently joined the list post the number they were given to give us an indication as to how well the take up has gone so far? Cheers in advance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.