The Waiting List

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
You may well be disappointed if you are putting names down for £299 tickets because ST wishing to relocate will get priority over newcomers.

In 2015/16 there will be at least a couple of thousand level 2 ST holders looking for new seats plus many others enticed by the price.

Question-----" I am currently ST holder. Do I need to join the waiting list to have the opportunity to relocate to any alternative seat either for 2014/15 or in a potentially expanded stadium in 2015/2016"

Answer-- "No, The relocation process ahead of 2014/15 will be the same as previous seasons. Providing you renew for 2014/15, you will be given first priority on any available seats within the stadium (including new seats made available via the proposed stadium expansion) for 2015/2016 during the seat relocation period. 2014/15 St holders will have priority over supporters who have joined the waiting list.

That to me says any of the current 34000 or whatever it is ST holders who fancy a cheaper seat can get first pick leaving none for waiting list people. Obviously there will be other seats available but doubt the £299 ones.

Yeah, this is my thinking too. I spend around £300+ each year on tickets to watch City so each year I have a weigh up as to whether I want a season ticket. I'd be paying more and would probably stop going to the cup matches, which is the majority of games I go to due to the price and availability. I don't see this new offer as all that tempting, yeah a £299 season ticket is a great price but how many will available? Putting a £100 deposit for me and the other half means that at some point we will have to get a season ticket (or loose the deposit), even if it's at a higher price than we wanted.

What happens after the 2014/15 season, is there still going to the a £100 waiting list?

BlueGMD said:
You may well be disappointed if you are putting names down for £299 tickets because ST wishing to relocate will get priority over newcomers.

In 2015/16 there will be at least a couple of thousand level 2 ST holders looking for new seats plus many others enticed by the price.

Question-----" I am currently ST holder. Do I need to join the waiting list to have the opportunity to relocate to any alternative seat either for 2014/15 or in a potentially expanded stadium in 2015/2016"

Answer-- "No, The relocation process ahead of 2014/15 will be the same as previous seasons. Providing you renew for 2014/15, you will be given first priority on any available seats within the stadium (including new seats made available via the proposed stadium expansion) for 2015/2016 during the seat relocation period. 2014/15 St holders will have priority over supporters who have joined the waiting list.

That to me says any of the current 34000 or whatever it is ST holders who fancy a cheaper seat can get first pick leaving none for waiting list people. Obviously there will be other seats available but doubt the £299 ones.

Yeah, this is my thinking too. I spend around £300+ each year on tickets to watch City so each year I have a weigh up as to whether I want a season ticket. I'd be paying more and would probably stop going to the cup matches, which is the majority of games I go to due to the price and availability. I don't see this new offer as all that tempting, yeah a £299 season ticket is a great price but how many will available? Putting a £100 deposit for me and the other half means that at some point we will have to get a season ticket (or loose the deposit), even if it's at a higher price than we wanted.

What happens after the 2014/15 season, is there still going to the a £100 waiting list?

Just to throw something else into this discussion....

I wonder how many people who currently have season tickets for seats on Level 1 or 2 would want to relocate to the cheaper option further away from the pitch, that would only be a financial decision and not one for better view or comfort..

Even if you have paid a £100 deposit they were explicitly clear that if you decided against buying a ticket (if you were offered one) that you could get a refund. This was set out clearly in the FAQ's.

Irwell said:
I signed up at 17:25 and I'm number 1192.

I understand its only the first day but City are using the waiting list as a gauge on whether to expand both ends or just the south stand - 2000 on the first day seems a slow uptake when they are considering a possible 12000 increase - Will be interesting to see how many on the list after a week.

Me and my son signed up at 10.05 and are number's 106 + 107.
I don't believe that all the seats will available for relocation for current ST holders, becouse they are taking a deposit i think they will have to guarantee that there will be some tickets available to buy.
They could offer 50% to each that way they will be getting the new season ticket holders joining up and some of the current ST holders will get a chance to move, and if you have friends that are buying the new tickets and you would want to sit with them you should be moved up the list ahead of a single current ST holder wanting to relocate on there own.

BlueGMD said:

you don't lose the deposit if you don't get a ST I'm fairly sure?

I would of thought many seasoncard holders would be looking to move to the £299 area saving over 50% on their current ticket's, would there be any left for those on the waiting list ?

matrix said:
Me and my son signed up at 10.05 and are number's 106 + 107.
I don't believe that all the seats will available for relocation for current ST holders, becouse they are taking a deposit i think they will have to guarantee that there will be some tickets available to buy.
They could offer 50% to each that way they will be getting the new season ticket holders joining up and some of the current ST holders will get a chance to move, and if you have friends that are buying the new tickets and you would want to sit with them you should be moved up the list ahead of a single current ST holder wanting to relocate on there own.

pretty sure they will from what i have read, seasoncard holders will have first dibs on the list when that is exhausted then they start going down the waiting list,

if they run out of seats or they are too price prohibitive then they will refund your deposit

the reason they are doing this i believe, take my case, i am being priced out of my seat in level 2 (£1150 minimum) so i would like to relocate and being a season ticket holder since the mid eighties i would like to continue to watch the blues from where ever i can.

if you want to sit with friends then you will have to wait until the last friend(lowest down the list) becomes available, then you can try and get seats together

A lot of people saying they will move to the cheaper seats which is fair enough but.. i've managed to pay for where I sit now in East 3 and won't be moving for the cheaper ones, i'm pretty sure a lot of seasoncard holders that sit near me won't be moving either as they will like myself, value the view and the fact the same people have sat together for years, so we have a good laugh. There will be plenty available, i'm sure, for the people who will go for the cheaper ones.

Those who have signed up and been given a number need to add a further 34000 to it, that is my understanding.

Current season ticket holders do not need to do anything now but we can relocate come 2015/16 as has always been the case.

City have got people to register and pay £100 now to be on the list, come 2015/16 they can buy a ticket or get their money back.

Come that time the £100 will be long forgotten by most so they will be thinking, for a £450 ticket they only need to get £350 together. City will offer installment packages so making it £87.50 over 4 months.

There maybe some of the £299 tickets left but who knows how many.

Very clever by City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.