The 'We Want Martin Petrov Out' Thread

Kinkysboots said:
Petrov is great on his day and is a great crosser of a ball but the fact is he goes missing M.I.A far too often. Id love to keep him as a squad playe but something tells me his attitude wouldnt tolate that. You have to ask yourself would he get in Uniteds, chelseas, arsenals, barcelona side. NO he wouldnt and thats where we have to be aiming. To be a top player you have to have something extra than being able to play well when the sun is shining and we are two-nil up. He lacks heart, bottle and desire. EOS

and neither would half our fucking sqaud, should we get rid of them too ?

The fact opinion is divided, suggests he isn't as perfect as those with permanent blue-tinted glasses, would have it seem.

Petrov should be allowed to leave in the summer with our good wishes.

But it would be stupid business sense to hand a surly-31-year-old, who is only going to become even more surly and outspoken about his own situation, as the team progresses in the immediate seasons to come.

Fact is he is not worth another two or three years at £45k a week, especially as his contract will be worth more than any immediate transfer we could recoup on him.

The thread may have started out in sarcasm, but Petrov is not good enough for this team, going forward in future.

The criticisms levelled at Robinho, can certainly apply to Petrov. Someone who thinks he is better than he is (In Petrov's case, even with less talent, who does not track back, who is only focused on his own game.

Petrov is an above-average player, but with two serious knee injuries in the last four years, added to an increasing no end product.

He plays for himself, nobody else, there is absolutely no team ethic whatsoever. Even Mancini's weird decision to play him on the right, should not result in him laughing at the decision as he is subbed, try to placate his moaning with a starting spot.

The same people who are defending him now, will no doubt show outrage when he slags-us off when he leaves.

Just as he whinged when he said Spurs were a bigger club than City on speaking with Berbaflop, agitating for a move under Hughes.

A bad influence, both on and off the pitch.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The fact opinion is divided, suggests he isn't as perfect as those with permanent blue-tinted glasses, would have it seem.

No one has claimed he's perfect, you;re making things up now.

This thread is a backlash against mongy posts like yours.

i just think he's a very good left winger, he takes a great corner and can whip balls in for fun. Good left wingers are quite rare.

The very fact that many City fans were glad when he went off against Portsmouth around me stated that I am not alone in my opinion that he did not put in a very good performance and that they would like to see him replaced. In my books he never beats his man unless there is a pass over the top of the fullback and he's in clear space, if there is someone in front of him then he'll pass sideways or back. Bellers goes for the jugular and he looks piss poor in comparison with him. I just do not think that we should be rewarding a 31-year-old who seemed to lack effort and interest in the last match with a new and probably improved contract. What kind of message does it send out to the team? Put in half hearted performances and you get a gold star?

I've made my views on this player clear. I hold my hands up and acknowledge his goals and the importance of them but I just do not see any work-rate, any desire to do his job defensively and for him to go into tackles full on aiming to win the ball rather than an half-hearted sticking his leg out and hoping for the best. I just don't see the detirmination from him that I like to see in any player - the type of qualities we have in Carlos and Craig.

bluem0ng said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

No one has claimed he's perfect, you;re making things up now.

This thread is a backlash against mongy posts like yours.

idiot by name, idiot by nature.

By the way, get a new user name, and IQ while you're at it.

nimrod said:
Kinkysboots said:
Petrov is great on his day and is a great crosser of a ball but the fact is he goes missing M.I.A far too often. Id love to keep him as a squad playe but something tells me his attitude wouldnt tolate that. You have to ask yourself would he get in Uniteds, chelseas, arsenals, barcelona side. NO he wouldnt and thats where we have to be aiming. To be a top player you have to have something extra than being able to play well when the sun is shining and we are two-nil up. He lacks heart, bottle and desire. EOS

and neither would half our fucking sqaud, should we get rid of them too ?

Long term we're probably going to have to if we want to be the best.

Martin Petrov is a great player and must stay at City.

I'm fed up of all this player bashing by moronic knobs who know nothing about the game.

Excuse me for swearing, but why cant people on here get behind our f***ing players, instead of trying to get them out. i mean they are city players which means we should support them 100 percent. some days are bad days others good days. support our players or we wont get anywhere.

rant over

glynn said:
Excuse me for swearing, but why cant people on here get behind our f***ing players, instead of trying to get them out. i mean they are city players which means we should support them 100 percent. some days are bad days others good days. support our players or we wont get anywhere.

rant over

You and me are on the same page.

Sick of the slagging our lads get on here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fact that within seconds of the 1st leg win over the rags there was a post on here slagging Benjani speaks fucking volumes.

It's worse than a 5yr olds play ground on here, it's all about favourites and then slagging your mates favourites. Pretty sad and pathetic really.

They remind me of those rags who every time Giggs has a poor game go berserk and want him out of the club. They've been doing this for almost 20 years too, nob heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.