The 'We Want Martin Petrov Out' Thread

Has anybody stopped to think and realise that Petrov might not want to stay at City? We may offer him a new deal, but who`s to say someonelse doesn`t come in and offer a longer term deal. Maybe a Bundesliga club. At the end of the day the decision may lie with Petrov, and if he saw all the slagging off on here he`d probably do one back to Germany.
On his day he`s a match winner, on his day off he`s a passenger. But if I were a right back on the opposing team I`d be happy as larry to see Petrov line up on our right flank. Ask Lucas Neill and various other left backs he`s played against as to where his strengths lie, and it cerainly isn`t cutting in from the right.

He's also balding a bit. Remember Barry Conlon? Exactly. Petrov out now!

PBLZ129 said:
GStar said:
Ha, since when has being a good winger been about tackling? Or BM'd favourite the "50/50" challenge?

Perhaps we should start with 11 defenders, then some of the fuckwittery might stop.

Start with 11 defenders? Good lord is that what i said? No i didn't as it happens. But i'd like to see every footballer on the pitch have the courage to go in and win the ball for their team.

As it is he's just as likely to get hurt backing out of a challenge as he is going in for one.

Shall we field 4 players who can tackle in defence and then 6 others in midfield and attack who can only shoot or ping long balls about? Hmmm?

After all they're attacking players - it's not their game to tackle.
No because thats ridiculous much like your post was - however sarcastic it may have been.

Did i say thats why you said? No.

I'd love to see you go onto Barca's board in a few years when Messi is older and shout 'get rid' because he doesn't get involved in challenges. Or Mardid with Ronaldo, AC with Ronaldinho, Bayern with Robben... we could go on here.

Its an archaic and (only my view btw) utterly stupid opinion to knock Petrov because of his age and his defnsive abilities... Pasta will love this thread, it sums up in his words the "typical english football fan".

Theres penty of palyers older than him at the top level and he's a presence when we defend now, which is all we really need, half our team is out there with the main duty of protecting out goal, let the ones who are out there to attack and create concentrate on doing just that.

GStar said:
PBLZ129 said:
Start with 11 defenders? Good lord is that what i said? No i didn't as it happens. But i'd like to see every footballer on the pitch have the courage to go in and win the ball for their team.

As it is he's just as likely to get hurt backing out of a challenge as he is going in for one.

Shall we field 4 players who can tackle in defence and then 6 others in midfield and attack who can only shoot or ping long balls about? Hmmm?

After all they're attacking players - it's not their game to tackle.
No because thats ridiculous much like your post was - however sarcastic it may have been.

Did i say thats why you said? No.

I'd love to see you go onto Barca's board in a few years when Messi is older and shout 'get rid' because he doesn't get involved in challenges. Or Mardid with Ronaldo, AC with Ronaldinho, Bayern with Robben... we could go on here.

Its an archaic and (only my view btw) utterly stupid opinion to knock Petrov because of his age and his defnsive abilities... Pasta will love this thread, it sums up in his words the "typical english football fan".

Theres penty of palyers older than him at the top level and he's a presence when we defend now, which is all we really need, half our team is out there with the main duty of protecting out goal, let the ones who are out there to attack and create concentrate on doing just that.

ive got to admit though i find him funny as fuck when he thinks about a tackle or a 50/50 and then backs off with that shit scared look on his face!

I like Martin Petrov and I would like to see him in the squad next season. I even think he has done reasonably well when played on the right although he is clearly uncomfortable with the role.

My take on his substitution against Portsmouth was that he looked pissed of at being subbed as there were better choices to bring off ( a clearly out of sorts Barry for instance) and then the smiles came as the majority of City fans applauded his effort in the Game.

Who will the next " Boo Boy" be I wonder?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.