The 'We Want Martin Petrov Out' Thread

The Fat el Hombre said:
This is a thread for all those who want Martin Petrov out of our club as there seems to be an awful lot of us knocking about here all of a sudden. Despite being one of our better performers this season, we've decided that we should sack him off in the summer and let him join one of our close rivals on a free. Now that we've signed an unproven kid from middlesbrough with a handful of premier league starts, we see no reason why we would want a player with 5 goals and 7 assists from 10 games this season (stats courtesy of bluenova) in our squad. Yes we know he's got a rocket of a shot and is the bets crosser of the ball at the club, but he doesn't win enough 50/50's and that's what attacking players are all about isn't it?

We also hate the way he wants to win so much and sometimes gets frustrated on the pitch when things aren't going his way. It was also unacceptable that he was unhappy at being frozen out by our previous, inept manager. We know he has since said he's very happy, wants to stay, that he was just pissed off with previous poor management and Mancini obviously rates him, but he's made his bed now and he's gonna have to lie in it. Also, at 31, he is too old. No top teams have players of his age in, FACT

And let's not forget the cardinal sin of pointing to his name on the back of his shirt every time he bangs one in.

And worst of all, worst of fucking all. Some of us saw him having a quiet meal with his family and when we interrupted him to pester him for a photo he wouldn't fucking do it. If that's not a good enough reason to get rid I don't know what is. PETROV OUT

So just to recap, we want Petrov out because:
We don't like his celebration (this is worse than you think because he scores a lot so we see it quite often)
He's too competetive and wants to win too much
At 31 he's too experienced
He doesn't win enough challenges and will never make a good left back

As much as I would like to see Petrov stay the fact he is a fooking lazy bastard who doesnt track back. For me the best game he played for us was against Blackburn when he ran the line beating the defence and putting in some awesome crosses. Unfortunatly he now decides that it is not what a winger should do and instead decides to travel with the ball into the centre of the pitch. Although it was a funny sarcastic post the facts still are that he is not operating as an out and out winger and the reason he plays on the right is because he offers no cover for Garido. Strange really when the majority of the board slammed Robinho for the same thing but it seems okay for Petrov to do it.

kippax71 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
This is a thread for all those who want Martin Petrov out of our club as there seems to be an awful lot of us knocking about here all of a sudden. Despite being one of our better performers this season, we've decided that we should sack him off in the summer and let him join one of our close rivals on a free. Now that we've signed an unproven kid from middlesbrough with a handful of premier league starts, we see no reason why we would want a player with 5 goals and 7 assists from 10 games this season (stats courtesy of bluenova) in our squad. Yes we know he's got a rocket of a shot and is the bets crosser of the ball at the club, but he doesn't win enough 50/50's and that's what attacking players are all about isn't it?

We also hate the way he wants to win so much and sometimes gets frustrated on the pitch when things aren't going his way. It was also unacceptable that he was unhappy at being frozen out by our previous, inept manager. We know he has since said he's very happy, wants to stay, that he was just pissed off with previous poor management and Mancini obviously rates him, but he's made his bed now and he's gonna have to lie in it. Also, at 31, he is too old. No top teams have players of his age in, FACT

And let's not forget the cardinal sin of pointing to his name on the back of his shirt every time he bangs one in.

And worst of all, worst of fucking all. Some of us saw him having a quiet meal with his family and when we interrupted him to pester him for a photo he wouldn't fucking do it. If that's not a good enough reason to get rid I don't know what is. PETROV OUT

We don't like his celebration (this is worse than you think because he scores a lot so we see it quite often)

As much as I would like to see Petrov stay the fact he is a fooking lazy bastard who doesnt track back. For me the best game he played for us was against Blackburn when he ran the line beating the defence and putting in some awesome crosses. Unfortunatly he now decides that it is not what a winger should do and instead decides to travel with the ball into the centre of the pitch. Although it was a funny sarcastic post the facts still are that he is not operating as an out and out winger and the reason he plays on the right is because he offers no cover for Garido. Strange really when the majority of the board slammed Robinho for the same thing but it seems okay for Petrov to do it.

You're having a laugh. Are you seriously suggesting that Mancini has no choice but to play Petrov out on the right due to us having a substandard left back?

RobbieBrewer said:
Sack him now.He doesn't track back enough for me.And he's a misreable twat.And he doesn't track back enough.And he's 31.And Sven signed him.And he doesn't track back enough.And he's lost his pace.And he doesn't track back enough.And he scored against Barca in the Nou Camp.An he doesn't track back enough.And he scores at least the same ratio of goals per game as Bellamy.

And he STILL doesn't track back enough........

Don't forget his name, PETROV (only got 6 letters doesn't roll off the tongue in the far east)

I did like the de Jong picture I've got to say, may put it as my background on my work computer! But as somebodypointed out, different positions so obviously different types of players are required. Petrov is just a natural winger who loves to run at players and as has also been pointed out, playing him on the right just means that he is constantly cutting inside. That's okay for somebody like Messi who has the pace, skill and strength but not for our Martin.

Fanzone Danny said:
TBH Al I personally can take or leave Martin Petrov and can see what you are saying that his stats are impressive but I think the problem City fans have with him isn't what he does going forward is the fact he is a complete liability defensively and would be interesting to see how many goals this season he has cost us, doesn't have the heart or inclination to go in for challenges, goes missing for large periods of games and from all accounts is really arrogant guy who doesn't give a toss about a set of fans who in the main support him every game whether he is on the pitch or on the bench.

So I can understand why fans aint bothered if we let him go but for once I am sat on the fence with regards to him and think we have bigger fish to fry than if he stays or goes.

I am of the exact same opinion as you. I find for all his good points, which are very good, he has as many bad points, which are very bad.

The Fat el Hombre said:

You're a tool and an annoying sarcastic one at that. What a pointless topic.

City Mike said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

And that's a really worthwhile post, well done.

City Mike said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Ooohh you're a charmer!!!

Think you may wanna read it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.