The Westminster Accounts

blueinsa

Team supported
City
Surprised to not have a thread on this but it looks like we are about to see yet another sleaze scandal unfold.

Primarily Tories who have earned millions, often in donations that come from sources that will leave you scratching your head but plenty of others from right across the house also involved.

Not a good look yet again.

I'm amazed that anyone wastes any energy on Westminster or politics anymore. This just proves my view which is the whole system needs replacing and until then it's a waste of time, pointless and bankrupt. I've been called nihilistic but thinking otherwise just denies the way it is.

Double MP salaries but ban them from having second jobs and ban any potential conflict of interest such as personal donations, gifts etc. We might actually get a better class of person and the grifters will soon jump ship.

I have it written into my contract that I can't have a second job and I only do 37hrs a week. MP's clearly must do more than 37hrs a week so how do they even fit in secondary work? It just proves how much effort they must really put in.

They have been on the take without even hiding it, Parliament is infested with rogues and theives.

Not dismissing the argument against outside earnings and the eye watering amounts of money for 'media work' .... £25k for an appearance on HIGNFY! .... but it's the donations that are the biggest concern. Particularly the lack of transparency.

I think it was Robin Williams who once said politicians should display their sponsors like NASCAR drivers.

Not surprised by the level of corruption that exists. Dummy businesses set up to filter bribe money into the MP’s pocket for favours.

Give them a pay rise is not the answer. Why would any MP accept that situation? They would only try and hide the money coming in and still take the pay rise -:)

MP’s should not be so easily bought. It’s all nonsense from sky anyway. They probably gave those fake business a heads up the report was on its way.

Voters taken for a ride. The system is rigged against working people.

Not surprised by the level of corruption that exists. Dummy businesses set up to filter bribe money into the MP’s pocket for favours.

Give them a pay rise is not the answer. Why would any MP accept that situation? They would only try and hide the money coming in and still take the pay rise -:)

MP’s should not be so easily bought. It’s all nonsense from sky anyway. They probably gave those fake business a heads up the report was on its way.

Voters taken for a ride. The system is rigged against working people.

Other MP's that are not on the take (Are there any?) aren't even bothered about blowing the whistle on the ones who are at the trough.

Thinking a little more on it though, it's always been a smokescreen hasn't it? The big house has never genuinely given that much of a toss about democracy as long as they are alright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.