The Westminster Accounts

Other MP's that are not on the take (Are there any?) aren't even bothered about blowing the whistle on the ones who are at the trough.

Thinking a little more on it though, it's always been a smokescreen hasn't it? The big house has never genuinely given that much of a toss about democracy as long as they are alright.
Overall feeling is that they are all complicit and taking the piss out of their constituents. Nice job if you can get it but don’t pretend you are doing it for anyone other than themselves.

Democracy? Ha what’s that?

Last edited:
Overall feeling is that they are all complicit and taking the piss out of their constituents. Nice job of you can get it but don’t pretend you are doing it for anyone other than themselves.

Democracy? Ha what’s that?

There isn't any harking back to halcyon days either because in reality they never existed. 100 years ago people complained about politicians as they do now and as they will do in 100 years time.

Other MP's that are not on the take (Are there any?) aren't even bothered about blowing the whistle on the ones who are at the trough.

Thinking a little more on it though, it's always been a smokescreen hasn't it? The big house has never genuinely given that much of a toss about democracy as long as they are alright.
The average is £14k. The figure for my MP was £11k which put her in the bottom 42%.

That suggests they are not all 'at it' but that could be down to a lack of opportunity rather than 'ethics'.

There should not be second jobs of any sort. I’m well aware that an MP might continue to work as a medical doctor or do pro bono legal work, but those are exceptions and I’d ban them all from doing anything extra. How can the country be on its knees yet those responsible have time for extra curricular activities?

There should not be second jobs of any sort. I’m well aware that an MP might continue to work as a medical doctor or do pro bono legal work, but those are exceptions and I’d ban them all from doing anything extra. How can the country be on its knees yet those responsible have time for extra curricular activities?
We need to ‘drain the swamp’.
I suggest they set up a VIP lane to encourage Tory donors and friends (or indeed absent peers) to set up swamp draining companies who have neither experience of swamp draining nor any swamp draining equipment so they can drain out heaps of public money.
That‘ll get to the bottom of it.

a few MPs do radio, journalism and tv work - should there be a law that bans them for this ? or if they do this should they not get paid ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.