The "which famous person died today" thread

Interesting how many these days say 71 is no age. Apart from a mild heart attack 2 yrs ago I'm pretty healthy, active, supple, not overweight and have a physical job. But for some reason I feel I'll be lucky if I make 70, I see that as quite old..!

Interesting how many these days say 71 is no age. Apart from a mild heart attack 2 yrs ago I'm pretty healthy, active, supple, not overweight and have a physical job. But for some reason I feel I'll be lucky if I make 70, I see that as quite old..!
I'm now 71. Like you fit and healthy, but I think 70 is a landmark, I don't know when "it" will happen the odds are getting shorter as you age. It could happen any time I suppose.
My SIL died of cancer not long ago aged 64. My 2 brothers died not long ago.
I fear cancer but I don't fear dying. But I'd like to see my Grandkids grow up.

I'm now 71. Like you fit and healthy, but I think 70 is a landmark, I don't know when "it" will happen the odds are getting shorter as you age. It could happen any time I suppose.
My SIL died of cancer not long ago aged 64. My 2 brothers died not long ago.
I fear cancer but I don't fear dying. But I'd like to see my Grandkids grow up.
My grandad, dad, and uncle all died at 64. Seems to be the age for men in my family. I've got 5 years left..!

My grandad, dad, and uncle all died at 64. Seems to be the age for men in my family. I've got 5 years left..!
I think things have improved, my dad & his dad both died at 72 both had heart attacks. They both smoked and neither were on BP medication or statins and never had there BP checked.

I've have annual ECG, Angiograms, I have my own BP machine and I've been on statins for 20 years and I stay away from unhealthy food and I don't smoke.

Also when I hit 60 I bought private health cover so if I get cancer or some other serious shit I don't go on some poxy worrying waiting list, neither does my missus.

I think you can live longer now if you look after yourself and your health. That's what I'm hoping anyway. :)

Last edited:
I think things have improved, my dad & his dad both died at 72 both had heart attacks. They both smoked and neither were on BP medication or statins and never had there BP checked.

I've have annual ECG, Angiograms, I have my own BP machine and I've been on statins for 20 years and I stay away from unhealthy food and I don't smoke.

Also when I hit 60 I bought private health cover so if I get cancer or some other serious shit I don't go on some poxy worrying waiting list, neither does my missus.

I think you can live longer now if you look after yourself and your health. That's what I'm hoping anyway. :)
You just need to remove the stress of remembering loads of passwords..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.