The "which famous person died today" thread

Doug Ingle, the lead singer and last surviving member of psychedelic band Iron Butterfly, has died. He was 78.

The band was best known for its 1968 song In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, a huge inspiration for the progressive rock music of the following decade.

Doug was only 22 odd when he played this classic peace , music was not for him longevity wise but he will always leave an indelible memory in my mind.

RIP Doug.

Doug Ingle, the lead singer and last surviving member of psychedelic band Iron Butterfly, has died. He was 78.

The band was best known for its 1968 song In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, a huge inspiration for the progressive rock music of the following decade.

My mate returned from Melbourne around 1974 at the age of 15, he'd gone out there with his parents a couple of years earlier.

He brought that album with him, did it have a drum solo that went on for about 20 minutes? That's all I seem to remember.

Colin Gibb of Black Lace and Agadoo fame died today in Tenerife.

Is that the last of the Bee Gees now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.