The "which famous person died today" thread

Just read in the Guardian that Jamaican reggae legend Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry has died aged 85.
I saw him at one of his gigs in Leipzig 10 years ago when they wheeled him on to the stage with an oxygen tank!! Still a top gig, though.
Another top musician joins the supergroup in the sky

Former child star Matthew Mindler, who most notably appeared in the movie "Our Idiot Brother" as the son of Emily Mortimer and Steve Coogan's characters and acted on "As the World Turns" as well as in other projects, was found dead on Aug. 28. He was 19. The college student had been reported missing days earlier. "It is with a grieving heart that I let you know of the death of 19-year-old Matthew Mindler from Hellertown, Pennsylvania, a first-year student at Millersville University. Our thoughts of comfort and peace are with his friends and family during this difficult time," Millersville University president Daniel A. Wubah said in a statement. "A search had been underway for Matthew since Thursday, after he was reported missing. Millersville University Police and law enforcement agencies from the area had been searching for him since that time. Matthew was found deceased this morning, Saturday, August 28 in Manor Township near campus. Matthew was transported to the Lancaster County Forensic Center by the coroner for further investigation." A cause of death has not been released

Just read in the Guardian that Jamaican reggae legend Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry has died aged 85.
I saw him at one of his gigs in Leipzig 10 years ago when they wheeled him on to the stage with an oxygen tank!! Still a top gig, though.
Another top musician joins the supergroup in the sky
Sorry I m useless with the Internet but can anyone post dark moon by the upsetters, a fitting tribute. I often wonder how many music loving blues have heard it. It's my go to tune after City win silverware

I love Scratch, I never realised that his other nickname was Upsetter because he pissed so many people off. From that of course came the Upsetters.

No, someone pushed a heavy firedoor into her, she was coming the other way
My grandad used to walk 5 miles a day to the Trafford Centre and back and walked into a plate glass door at the age of 88.This seemed to bring on dementia and he died a year or so later after being as fit and as alert as anyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.