The whisky thread

Not keen on islay malts. Too much peat. A nice Speyside like a Balvennie would be my choice. Glenfarclas is nice too. Both would be a little easier for those getting into malts. I do agree with a tiny sprinkle of water. No more. An ice cube is too much imo.

I received a Balvennie Doublewood last Christmas. Of 4 whiskies I received it was the nicest. I'll certainly revisit it.

image.jpg

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/b/40/glen-mhor-single-malt-scotch-whisky

Cheapest bottle of Glen Mhor you can get is now £450

Not keen on islay malts. Too much peat. A nice Speyside like a Balvennie would be my choice. Glenfarclas is nice too. Both would be a little easier for those getting into malts. I do agree with a tiny sprinkle of water. No more. An ice cube is too much imo.

I love all the strong tasting whisky, I wouldn't turn down any of the lowland malts though

I received a Balvennie Doublewood last Christmas. Of 4 whiskies I received it was the nicest. I'll certainly revisit it.

My favourite daughter got me a bottle of the Balvennie Caribbean cask for my birthday, very strong rum influence initially but that's died off a little as I've gone down the bottle, I'd recommend it as an alternative to sherry cask whiskies.

My top 2 of owned whiskies at present is

1 - Glendronach Allardye (18YO)
2 - Highland Park (15YO)

But the best I've had was a Bowmore 18YO Vintners trilogy matured in Manzanilla casks, absolutely brilliant but can't be found anymore sadly or I'd have broken my spending limit for a bottle

You can thank me once you have worked your way through this list, always choose cask strength with a wee dribble of ice water or a ice cube

Glen Garioch
Talisker
Cao Isla
Lugavulin
Highland Park
Dalwhinnine
Laphroaig

I love Lagavulin. Get a bottle for Christmas every year. Smokey peaty taste - it’s beautiful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.