The whisky thread

If you fancy expanding your horizons you should try some Japanese whisky.
Thought this was a bit of a fad a couple of years ago, but all up, I think they’re all pretty crap from what I’ve tasted

My favourite daughter got me a bottle of the Balvennie Caribbean cask for my birthday, very strong rum influence initially but that's died off a little as I've gone down the bottle, I'd recommend it as an alternative to sherry cask whiskies.

My top 2 of owned whiskies at present is

1 - Glendronach Allardye (18YO)
2 - Highland Park (15YO)

But the best I've had was a Bowmore 18YO Vintners trilogy matured in Manzanilla casks, absolutely brilliant but can't be found anymore sadly or I'd have broken my spending limit for a bottle

I really like the sound of the Balvennie Caribbean Cask. I've added it to my list of new ones to try, which interestingly already had Glendronach on it but just the 12 year old. I presume your looking at 3 figures for the 18YO Allardye.

I really like the sound of the Balvennie Caribbean Cask. I've added it to my list of new ones to try, which interestingly already had Glendronach on it but just the 12 year old. I presume your looking at 3 figures for the 18YO Allardye.

Bought the Allardice last year at the distillery, £80 but I suspect is't a fair bit more now as it's not available on either whisky exchange or masters of malt. Sampled the 12 year old as part of the tour tasting, it was good but the 18 is gorgeous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.