The Witchwood Ashton U Lyne

bennyblue said:
blue underpants said:
Excellent place, i dont watch bands there but there is a room at the front for us types and the venue for bandwatchers at the back, bit rough and ready but iv been going in for 35 years and love it, good mix of people as well, watch out for Tracy off Corrie think shes still a regular

do you mean the old tracy im guessing pal ? seen plenty there and a good night to be had seen a few tribute acts for what its worth and all been decent enough im pretty sure they dont let any old shite play
The Tracey whos in it now yes, she used to be a bit of a punk/goth type when she was in there, iv not been in for about 5 years though but believe she still goes in

Last time i was at the Wytchwood it was to see Ash. They were brill' and the venue was great. Literally hanging off the ceiling.
It was a few years ago though so it's probably changed a bit.

I read a piece in the local sadvertiser

Retail park,ikea,market & the witchwood help to make Ashton the 4th most visited place in Greater manchester
And easier to visit now the metrolink opened this morning

The town centre is still a shithole though.

stonerblue said:
Last time i was at the Wytchwood it was to see Ash. They were brill' and the venue was great. Literally hanging off the ceiling.
It was a few years ago though so it's probably changed a bit.

They've done up the bogs and that's about it. This after a mate of mine pulled his party trick of drunkenly ripping the ballcock out of the cistern and causing the bog to flood. I also remember when Rage Against The Machine's Killing in the Name was banned from the Friday Jukebox, on account of some kid getting glassed in the moshpit.

The flyers used to say 'No Drugs. No Dickheads' In reality, the place was always packed with both. I loved the place.

blue underpants said:
bennyblue said:
blue underpants said:
Excellent place, i dont watch bands there but there is a room at the front for us types and the venue for bandwatchers at the back, bit rough and ready but iv been going in for 35 years and love it, good mix of people as well, watch out for Tracy off Corrie think shes still a regular

do you mean the old tracy im guessing pal ? seen plenty there and a good night to be had seen a few tribute acts for what its worth and all been decent enough im pretty sure they dont let any old shite play
The Tracey whos in it now yes, she used to be a bit of a punk/goth type when she was in there, iv not been in for about 5 years though but believe she still goes in

It's the original (going upstairs to listen to me tapes) Tracy Barlow. she lives with a fella I know in Dukinfield. She DJ's there pretty regularly.

Bluebee2 said:
Excellent venue, seen loads of bands there over the years. Just made me reminisce of the old Spread Eagle around the corner which was the original heavy rock/bikers pub.

Band I was in in the early 80s played the Spread Eagle.

And the Ten Houses in Hyde.

And the Talbot in Staly.

And the Trap in Glossop.

Fucking hell, those were the days.

banjo said:
blue underpants said:
bennyblue said:

It's the original (going upstairs to listen to me tapes) Tracy Barlow. she lives with a fella I know in Dukinfield. She DJ's there pretty regularly.

Saw he Djing in fab cafe in town not so long ago too

Cheers Guys,
Will look forward to Sat-it should be interesting.,Tracy and her Tapes-no less! (As long as Deiredrie aint with her-Ken Def wont be(!!)

pete1970 said:
Because Tidyman,
Ive not been there before-btw The Damned??? lol!!!!!!!!!!
Oi! The Damned are Neat, Neat, Neat.

pete1970 said:
Cheers Guys,
Will look forward to Sat-it should be interesting.,Tracy and her Tapes-no less! (As long as Deiredrie aint with her-Ken Def wont be(!!)

Given the amount of jailbait in there, Ken would love Fridays. Allegedly.

Have a great time matey!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.