The worst online shop bar none

Anyone ever actually ever receive anything from the city store, 3 online orders placed this season, first order took 10 weeks to come, naively placed 2 more orders pre Christmas for presents and due to arrive in February, possibly?, very little communication, difficult to contact, and total contempt for the paying customer, never again.
Same here! Ordered before Christmas paid for express delivery. They then emailed me and told me I’d get it in February. Then emailed me told me item was out of stock. Then gave me a 20% discount code that didn’t work! Bag of shite!

Ordered a Haaland 4 year old's kit for my grandson's birthday ten days before the date, expecting that five days would be sufficient so i could for pick up at the store, on the following match day. I eventually received notification that it was ready for pick-up 15 days later. In the meantime Id contacted Danny Wilson who responded immediately and asked for a City person responsible for retail to investigate. She arranged for one to be picked up at the Arndale store and told me to cancel the original order which I did. I then got a response to my cancellation email well that's another story suffice to say it took about four emails for them to get that I had already picked one up and just need a refund

Fact is I could have ordered from Puma got it next day

The whole service if definitely the worse online one I've ever encountered

I ordered a jacket a few years ago. When it got here I had to pay more than the price of the jacket for import fees.
My wife ordered a few things for me once for christmas. One of the items was a City mug that arrived in about 1,000 pieces.
Was that from Ikea ?

I was going to tell you a joke about the citystore online mail service but you won't get it.

They are kitbag so i assume they employ the staff. Ordered a shirt from fanatics which is the same company 6 months to arrive!!!
Wow, I ordered the away shirt for £45 in a Men's Large from them and it only took a week to arrive

They only take 3 weeks to arrive from China via DHGate and at about £12. Fanatics is on Greengate in Middleton so I don't understand the backlog

They moved from Greengate to an industrial estate down the road in Middleton early in 2023. Implemented brand new warehouse systems that were built in house and made a complete mess of it. Two new systems in one warehouse which effectively made it into two warehouses on the same site. One system didn't talk to the other one properly. It was all built in the US, where they're based, and it was the first time they'd ever tried to combine the two systems and the results were horrendous.

If you ordered a shirt with printing it went through one system, and they were usually fulfilled pretty quickly. However if you ordered one without printing, which you would think would be quicker, it was relying on the printing system to say "ah, there's no printing on this one so release it as we don't need to touch it" however it wasn't doing that. Ended up with a backlog of over 25,000 orders while they figured it out and which grew every day. Made a mess of multiple kit launches as a result and it made national news. It's still ongoing now.

The club themselves and the store are now under Stitchd which is through Puma as Fanatics didn't renew the contract about 18 months ago. But Fanatics/Kitbag still sell their range on their website.

So I've been told anyway ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.