The worst player to wear the city jersey????

errrr.. the same Ian Bowyer that went on to win the European Cup?
Did you ever see him play in the flesh? If you did tell me where and when ,and how he impressed you? I did and he was a lucky MOFO going to NF.I stand by he was one of our worst.

cfn1963 said:
jamiegrimble said:
Cant argue with any of those.
An earlier player that riled a few of us,who was,not the worst player ever but definitely has to be mentioned regarding City’s history, especially at the time,was Ian Bowyer he was so frustrating.Bought as a striker,slow and one sided. Many a Saturday we were going home pulling our hair out at Ians spurned sitters.He may have been the first bad buy on the spiral down from our heady heights as champions.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Bowyer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Bowyer</a>

errrr.. the same Ian Bowyer that went on to win the European Cup?

Yeah thats him, rubbish think he won the European Cup Winners Cup with us as well, would have won the EUFA cup also if it hadn-t been for a bent referee in 84, yeah Bowyer like Mc Govern was rubbish, pure luck winning two major Euro cups.

nashark said:
NICKS BACK said:
Negouai has to be the worst none of us ever saw, Vuoso similarly, our Boogers. Wish they had fucked off to a caravan site with him.

The worst? Seen?

Daley, so bad it was cringeworthy, cost less than Negouai, relative I appreciate but 1.4m is still 1.4m.

Carruthers, testament to players of a bygone age, strap em up, put em on, dont let that prick on the pitch. Greatest linesman never to officiate.

Rodney Marsh. Speechless, I was 11 years of age, saw him play for QPR fantastic (2nd and 3rd division) , hapless,hopeless and finally sacked, 2nd division showman. Coated universally by every one of his contempories, was at rhe game when Sir Alf finally lost it, Wembley Stadium, crowd as one inc me screaming "Rodney Rodney". and they say that caps are cheap now. to put Rodney in perspective, stan bowles was a billion times more productive.

Robinson see above.

Kevin Bond and Docherty's son. I despair. The Futcher twins, could have changed positions and no one would have realised.

Sadly, tragically, then it got worse, Macken, Bradbury, Goater McCarthy, Dickov (sorry) but all was crap. Gosh, the list is endless. LEgends? Leg ends

Come on pal, don't take the piss.

i wasn't leg ends, legends, Goater? sorry did a job, but were rubbish, they are in some very esteemed company also.

nashark said:
NICKS BACK said:
Negouai has to be the worst none of us ever saw, Vuoso similarly, our Boogers. Wish they had fucked off to a caravan site with him.

The worst? Seen?

Daley, so bad it was cringeworthy, cost less than Negouai, relative I appreciate but 1.4m is still 1.4m.

Carruthers, testament to players of a bygone age, strap em up, put em on, dont let that prick on the pitch. Greatest linesman never to officiate.

Rodney Marsh. Speechless, I was 11 years of age, saw him play for QPR fantastic (2nd and 3rd division) , hapless,hopeless and finally sacked, 2nd division showman. Coated universally by every one of his contempories, was at rhe game when Sir Alf finally lost it, Wembley Stadium, crowd as one inc me screaming "Rodney Rodney". and they say that caps are cheap now. to put Rodney in perspective, stan bowles was a billion times more productive.

Robinson see above.

Kevin Bond and Docherty's son. I despair. The Futcher twins, could have changed positions and no one would have realised.

Sadly, tragically, then it got worse, Macken, Bradbury, Goater McCarthy, Dickov (sorry) but all was crap. Gosh, the list is endless. LEgends? Leg ends

Come on pal, don't take the piss.

Dickov WAS shit. Goater however, wasn't.

Moonster said:
Its got to be steve McManaman.

I totally agree with you, sir. That fop haired piece of shit is the only player who has enraged me so much that I have risen from my seat and yelled 'McManaman, why don't you fuck off'. I'm a placid guy, so it's a major achievment by him really.

We have seen some garbage over the years, but in a wierd sort of way, it's been honest, incompetant garbage. Not with that guy. Oooooh no.

He is the only player I have yelled anything like that to since 1967, and what was even more galling was reading an interview a while afterwards and he said he was'nt bothered what City fans thought about him!

The worst player by far in terms of both attitude and performance.

Allan Harper........Foster(?), played right back for City briefly....remember one game at spurs, we had him and Richard edghill marking Sheringham and Klinsmann for set-pieces and corners, they were both about 5'5"!!!

edit in.....It was John Foster: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.shop.sportsworldcards.com/manchester-city---john-foster-199596-subbuteo-squads-fa-premier-league-football-trading-card-10004-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.shop.sportsworldcards.com/ma ... 0004-p.asp</a>

Bilboblue said:
Allan Harper........Foster(?), played right back for City briefly....remember one game at spurs, we had him and Richard edghill marking Sheringham and Klinsmann for set-pieces and corners, they were both about 5'5"!!!
edit in.....It was John Foster: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.shop.sportsworldcards.com/manchester-city---john-foster-199596-subbuteo-squads-fa-premier-league-football-trading-card-10004-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.shop.sportsworldcards.com/ma ... 0004-p.asp</a>
Edgehill was ok,IMO foster made me nervous. Reidy was manager in those days, and occasionally he played, when his arse was falling out ,I was thinking WTF am I doing here. FFS he was an old man and young uns was taking it off his toes for a laugh.. So I will have to include him in my selection. He wasn’t rapid in his younger days .He was worse than both put together. I remember one particular incident. Reidy was shuffling along ready to pass to whoever, and the crowd screamed as one ,Man on .Reidy stumbled over like a pound of Lard and we went crazy looking at one another and thinking,is this real?

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Moonster said:
Its got to be steve McManaman.

I totally agree with you, sir. That fop haired piece of shit is the only player who has enraged me so much that I have risen from my seat and yelled 'McManaman, why don't you fuck off'. I'm a placid guy, so it's a major achievment by him really.

We have seen some garbage over the years, but in a wierd sort of way, it's been honest, incompetant garbage. Not with that guy. Oooooh no.

He is the only player I have yelled anything like that to since 1967, and what was even more galling was reading an interview a while afterwards and he said he was'nt bothered what City fans thought about him!

The worst player by far in terms of both attitude and performance.

I'm sure he missed an open goal at 0-0 of a game we went on to lose 2-0 against the rags at home, season 04-05. Anyone remember it? Dunne later went on to score an own-goal. Macca missed the chance to be a City hero from the 6-yard box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.