The WTF players City bought

The question being asked is which players, at the point of signing made you think - why the fvck have we bought him? In times past we always used to hang huge hope on nearly every new signing. Most of them failed to deliver, and onto the next.
But at the time? I'd never rated McManaman, and he had a good debut. Soon proved right with him though. Wayne Biggins maybe.

Maicon. Still wondering why the hell we signed him. Past his prime, and the fact Inter let 'the best right back in the world' for just £6m should have rung alarm bells. Now he's going to be here for another 2 years, spending the majority of that in the treatment room, all the while earning a hefty whack for the privilege. Pointless when we already had Richards and Zabaleta in that position anyway!

Pre Mancini, I would have to say that most of Sven's signings were more 'who the hell' rather than WTF, but out of all of them, Hamann was the one I was least sure of, especially considering we had to pay Bolton a fee for a player they'd just signed on a free! Glad he proved me wrong though.

Arthur Mann!!! £75,000, A full back from Hearts ? Supposed a class act. The only time I ever clapped eyes on him was on News at Ten. He collapsed on the tarmac just prior to boarding a plane. He was totally terrified of flying. Never heard of him after that. Must ve slipped under the radar!!

santa cruz
jack rodwell- we later bought garsia and had razak who played well during summer games
sinclair
bridje
bojinov
jo

sinclair- simply will never be good enough

rsc- worst buy we've ever made

yaya- at first i thought he was going to be shit, how fucking stupid was i!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.