"The Yaya Toure Conundrum"

I'd prefer him to be injured for 2 weeks than go through the rigmourole that is the African Cup of Nonsense .

Thought he played quite well against United. We could lose him for as many as 7 games next month and beyond because of this stupid tournament again.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
We'll all get a chance to see how ridiculous this observation is when he toddles off to ACN- even a half performing yaya is better than 90% of the prems midfielders, class is permanent, when the inevitable change of gear happens it may be the catalyst for our title charge, the same could be said for kun, kompany, the entire spine of the team has underperformed yet we're still 2nd and yet to kick on...... Patience is a virtue!!!!!
Indeed!

We only played excellently in about fifteen of our games last season. Other than that we were anywhere from average to good. This season we've been anywhere from average to good and all we need is a good run of about fifteen games now where we really explode and we'll be firing towards the title. United concede a ridiculous amount of chances in every game and will lose six, maybe even seven, times this season; we won't.

I also don't think David Silva is underperforming, i think he's been playing better than he was for most of the second half of last season, but that seems to be going unnoticed for some reason.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 am --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Thought he played quite well against United. We could lose him for as many as 7 games next month and beyond because of this stupid tournament again.
It was the best we've played at home this season.

thedogsbollocks said:
Have said to anybody that will listen to me,there is not that much wrong with our squad except players not putting a shift in for a full 90 minutes, motivation.If we had played to the level which we know we can,there is not a team in England that could live with us.We don't need any more signings,We need Roberto to get these players performing again regular.It really is time to manage what we have.

I would really like Falcao turning up in January, though!

Yaya is immense end of story....problem is at the minute that we have not got adequate cover in the DM position. This is why at the minute we are seeing yaya sit further back than we would initially like.

Until Garcia pulls his finger out and starts to display his true potential and cement his place in the team as the DM protection for the back four, then Yaya will no doubt have to cover this area. Unless of course we go out and get De Rossi in January.

Garcia needs a blinding rest of December in order to establish himself in the team. If Garcia can do that then imo the old Yaya will return where he knows he can go forward and support Silva.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
We'll all get a chance to see how ridiculous this observation is when he toddles off to ACN- even a half performing yaya is better than 90% of the prems midfielders, class is permanent, when the inevitable change of gear happens it may be the catalyst for our title charge, the same could be said for kun, kompany, the entire spine of the team has underperformed yet we're still 2nd and yet to kick on...... Patience is a virtue!!!!!

Sorry but having read the article I cant see where or what you think is a ridiculous observation, Yaya has certanly not been the player of last season vintage and whilst I agree with you on a half performing yaya is better than 90% of the prems midfielders, during the last 16 gamnes he has left our right side of defense exposed, maybe a break is what he needs but who can step in his shoes at present ?? for me it would be Zab !

In his two completed seasons with us Yaya has been immense in the last 3 months of the season. In both years he was criticised for underperforming earlier in the the season.

I dont think he's playing badly, we're just not yet seeing the decisive goals such as the FA Cup semi final and final in 2010/11 or Newcastle away last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.