"The Yaya Toure Conundrum"

I'll probably get shot down but here goes.

I don't get the whole thing about missing players for the AFCON. Every season players are mising due to injury, suspension etc, for 5, 6 or more games.

Worst case scenario these are the games he would miss:

13 January A Arsenal PL

19 January H Fulham PL

29 January A QPR PL

03 February H Liverpool PL

09 February A Southampton PL

There is the cup game against Watford but I've not included that as I wouldn't expect him to play in it. Of those 5 games does any of them fill you will dread with our squad? Even without Yaya I would expect wins against Fulham, QPR and Southampton and draws out of the other 2.

The only concern for me would be the Chelsea game on 24th Feb and that he might not have enough time to recover.

Maybe I'm an optomist but it might give us opportunity to look at at other formations as well.

*puts on tin hat*

Very good today but still switches off at vital moments,although he was instrumental in us winning there was at least one situation where him being a drama queen could have cost us.

Needs to stop the acting and be more professional,he would then be untouchable.

The_Maverick said:
I'll probably get shot down but here goes.

I don't get the whole thing about missing players for the AFCON. Every season players are mising due to injury, suspension etc, for 5, 6 or more games.

Worst case scenario these are the games he would miss:

13 January A Arsenal PL

19 January H Fulham PL

29 January A QPR PL

03 February H Liverpool PL

09 February A Southampton PL

There is the cup game against Watford but I've not included that as I wouldn't expect him to play in it. Of those 5 games does any of them fill you will dread with our squad? Even without Yaya I would expect wins against Fulham, QPR and Southampton and draws out of the other 2.

The only concern for me would be the Chelsea game on 24th Feb and that he might not have enough time to recover.

Maybe I'm an optomist but it might give us opportunity to look at at other formations as well.

*puts on tin hat*

Arsenal away and Liverpool at home won't be a walk in the park without Yaya in the pitch, i garrantee you that ...

ZZmaestro said:
Arsenal away and Liverpool at home won't be a walk in the park without Yaya in the pitch, i garrantee you that ...

You're right, but then again I wouldn't expect them to be a walk in the park with him on the pitch either.

The_Maverick said:
ZZmaestro said:

You're right, but then again I wouldn't expect them to be a walk in the park with him on the pitch either.

Sit in the dark

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.