The youth players that played today

Was good to see the young lads get an outing yesterday. Not including Kelechi who is already a special talent there was 3 of them stood out for me and it seems the same 3 did for many on here. My biggest concern is there lack of First Team involvement already this season. We have struggled with Injuries all year and at times have still had players on the bench that could have done with a rest. Why weren't these lads being added to the squad and given opportunities when circumstances dictated. I am sure, and I use this phrase lightly. That we at times are better off carrying a fully fit EDS player than a half fit first teamer who could do with the rest.

I do think you have a point there. A better system would help a lot.

Maybe if the defence stopped stopping at the fucking 18 yard line that would help!! Honestly, the tactic gives me the shits when the first team use it. For Pelle to continue with it with such an inexperienced team tells us all about his tactical nous!

Was good to see the young lads get an outing yesterday. Not including Kelechi who is already a special talent there was 3 of them stood out for me and it seems the same 3 did for many on here. My biggest concern is there lack of First Team involvement already this season. We have struggled with Injuries all year and at times have still had players on the bench that could have done with a rest. Why weren't these lads being added to the squad and given opportunities when circumstances dictated. I am sure, and I use this phrase lightly. That we at times are better off carrying a fully fit EDS player than a half fit first teamer who could do with the rest.

Because the manager isn't interested in playing them. He did so yesterday to make a point about fixture congestion. He has had 2 or 3 of them on the bench for a few weeks and didn't bring them on.

I think this comment sums up the delusional nature of many of the contributions on here since the final whistle yesterday. For a long time now there has been a campaign to "play the kids" which quite honestly flies in the face of reality. I would give the young lads collectively a 5.5 for this performance. The key feature of this debacle was that it was a non contest from start to finish. Chelski did not break sweat but won easily in a canter really. While our kids did not disgrace themselves the gulf between the teams was massive and we found out what will happen if we by choice or are forced to field a side with these guys in it. With respect to the above post to suggest that Angelino would do a better job than Kolorov borders on the insane. I would not be the Serb's biggest fan and in most circumstances I believe Clichy offers a better alternative but to pretend that an untried kid whose potential has yet to be properly assessed would offer an improvement on an established international is absurd. While some of the performances by the youngsters yesterday were encouraging I don't think anybody put their hands up high and proclaimed that they they deserve an extended run in the first team.

Big difference been wanting to see a few youngsters get a start here or there than seven of them to start all at once against one of the best teams in the world away from home. And what makes it worst that muppet in charge has had chance after chance to give these players minutes over the past two years yet has failed to do instead he throws them all in the deep end for them to get battered.

Glad Kelechi has broken through although even he should have had many more games like Martial at united and it is absolute disgrace that Denayer was sent out on loan and its proving to be one of the mistakes of the season.

Last edited:
Big difference been wanting to see a few youngsters get a start here or there than seven of them to start all at once against one of the best teams in the world away from home. And what makes it worst that muppet in charge has had chance after chance to give these players minutes over the past two years yet has failed to do instead he throws them all in the deep end for them to get battered.

Glad Kelechi has broken through although even he should have had many more games like Martial at united and it is absolute disgrace that Denayer was sent out on loan and its proving to be one of the mistakes of the season.

and that is the nub of the matter-from 0 minutes to 90 minutes in one fell swoop!!It was a joy to watch the sheer enthusiasm and never say die attitude of theses kids although tempered by that impending sense that we were inevitably going to be on the wrong side of a good thumping.Surely its not beyond the wit and capability of a an experienced coach to blood these kids gradually during the season-there are times when anybody would have looked better than some of our players on the pitch at the time.Even with "Ian" Nacho you get the feeling that the only reason he's had any exposure is injuries to Kun & Bony otherwise he wouldn't have got a start otherwise.Hopefully the rest of the season will see as few more appearances from the likes of Garcia & Adarabioyo-(10 minutes at the end would be an improvement! )but I suspect it will be the usual suspects irrespective of form.Hey ho-roll on next season!

I think this comment sums up the delusional nature of many of the contributions on here since the final whistle yesterday. For a long time now there has been a campaign to "play the kids" which quite honestly flies in the face of reality. I would give the young lads collectively a 5.5 for this performance. The key feature of this debacle was that it was a non contest from start to finish. Chelski did not break sweat but won easily in a canter really. While our kids did not disgrace themselves the gulf between the teams was massive and we found out what will happen if we by choice or are forced to field a side with these guys in it. With respect to the above post to suggest that Angelino would do a better job than Kolorov borders on the insane. I would not be the Serb's biggest fan and in most circumstances I believe Clichy offers a better alternative but to pretend that an untried kid whose potential has yet to be properly assessed would offer an improvement on an established international is absurd. While some of the performances by the youngsters yesterday were encouraging I don't think anybody put their hands up high and proclaimed that they they deserve an extended run in the first team.

I don't think I am delusional absurd or insane to think that Angelino is worth integrating in to the first team squad. Is he perfect? absolutely not. Does he have the potential to be better than Kolarov? I think that would be a fair statement. Will we know until we try? Definitely not

Not sure if it's been mentioned but we had 5 or 6 out there, not just U21 players but still eligible for the u19 UEFA Youth League.

Yesterday proved without a doubt that none of them are anywhere near ready to be around our first team. It's no disgrace to say that, we have one of the best squads in the world it would take a miracle to have 5/6 players at that age that are ready for that level of football. We're extremely fortunate we've found one in Kelechi.

Yesterday proved without a doubt that none of them are anywhere near ready to be around our first team. It's no disgrace to say that, we have one of the best squads in the world it would take a miracle to have 5/6 players at that age that are ready for that level of football. We're extremely fortunate we've found one in Kelechi.
I don't think it proved anything of the sort. If anything it proved that the time is right to start integrating them into the first team.

Because the manager isn't interested in playing them. He did so yesterday to make a point about fixture congestion. He has had 2 or 3 of them on the bench for a few weeks and didn't bring them on.

That there has been one of the problems with the manager. Hopefully this will change when Pep arrives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.