The youth players that played today

Yesterday proved without a doubt that none of them are anywhere near ready to be around our first team. It's no disgrace to say that, we have one of the best squads in the world it would take a miracle to have 5/6 players at that age that are ready for that level of football. We're extremely fortunate we've found one in Kelechi.

doesnt prove that at all.

I don't think it proved anything of the sort. If anything it proved that the time is right to start integrating them into the first team.

Maybe i was at a different game then. Didn't we get beat 5-1 against a Chelsea side that strolled through the game and could easily of got more if they had wanted to? The kids did alright in the main and shown a bit of potential but they're a long way from being close the the 1st team standard. That's not a criticism of them, they're still developing, it's just how it is.

Maybe i was at a different game then. Didn't we get beat 5-1 against a Chelsea side that strolled through the game and could easily of got more if they had wanted to? The kids did alright in the main and shown a bit of potential but they're a long way from being close the the 1st team standard. That's not a criticism of them, they're still developing, it's just how it is.
Yes and every single Chelsea goal was the result of errors by senior players, not the youngsters. It's those players who are a long way from first team standard.

We did and the senior players were largely at fault. I don't think Chelsea strolled through the match at all, I reckon it was one of their better, more committed performances since last season when they walked the league.

No one is saying 5/6 of these kids should be starting every week in the league, but to say the result proved none of them should be anywhere near the squad is something I disagree with.

Aleix Garcia looked like he was a few years older than the other youngsters. Very composed, constantly picking out the right pass, good energy and workrate. A brilliant passer too I gather from those who watch the youth games. Peps gonna love him.

We did and the senior players were largely at fault. I don't think Chelsea strolled through the match at all, I reckon it was one of their better, more committed performances since last season when they walked the league.

No one is saying 5/6 of these kids should be starting every week in the league, but to say the result proved none of them should be anywhere near the squad is something I disagree with.

Fair enough, but for me Chelsea barely got out of second gear and it looked more like a training match than a competitive game. It was something both sets of fans seemed to all agree with too outside the ground afterwards. It was a non-contest throughout. The kids need to be Kelechi standard to be even on the fringes of the 1st team. I don't think any of the ones that played yesterday are currently anywhere near his level. That's not to say they won't be in the future, they've got a lot of developing still to do and a few of them have every chance but i just don't get the fascination on here with most wanting the kids to be thrown in as soon as possible. I don't think too much will change in that regard when Pep comes in either.

The boys did well but the one I expected to shine, Celina, hardly got a touch. Young c/b did well apart from his distribution as the game wore on and I really liked Faupala's desire first half.......but the one who stood out for me was Garcia in central midfield. I think in a very short space of time he could play in a Pep type midfield set-up and look very, very good. These lads and the supporters were a credit to the club and I don't think they could have had a harder test against a virtually full strength Chelsea squad with a Manager going all out to emulate what he did before

Aleix Garcia proved he was a better choice than Fernando, Tosin and Cameron both showed they are better than DeMichalis. Manu Garcia showed he was good enough to be given a shot off the bench. All 4 showed they can be used until this injury crisis subsides.

People need to look at how pep has used young players at bayern. As we know, bayerns youth isnt really on our level, as proved by the u19s smashig hem. But pep has seamlessly brought through weiser, hojberg, gaudino, kurt, green, kimmich who they bought, but hats just like us and roberts. At barca he managed a small squad, and then just used youth players and got the best out of them. Jeffren was a semi regular for barca and did well for them, where the fuck is he now? Imagine what he can do with all our world class talent

Fair enough, but for me Chelsea barely got out of second gear and it looked more like a training match than a competitive game. It was something both sets of fans seemed to all agree with too outside the ground afterwards. It was a non-contest throughout. The kids need to be Kelechi standard to be even on the fringes of the 1st team. I don't think any of the ones that played yesterday are currently anywhere near his level. That's not to say they won't be in the future, they've got a lot of developing still to do and a few of them have every chance but i just don't get the fascination on here with most wanting the kids to be thrown in as soon as possible. I don't think too much will change in that regard when Pep comes in either.

I thought both Garcia's and Tosin were better than Kelechi on the day. The first half was competitive.

I believe one or two of them could easily fit into a strong first eleven and not let us down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.