The youth players that played today

Barker is one those players who could do nowt give the ball away occasionally but he has something about him that could win us the game.

Personally thought they played well. They were let down by the same old terrible senior players.

I was well impressed with all the kids barring Barker who to me, looked like he couldn't be arsed for some reason. Really poor body language like he was sulking about not being on from the start perhaps.

Iheanacho looked like a veteran compared to the rest. Adarabioyo reminded me of Lescott. A Garcia looked the best of the rest. Celine Dion was abysmal, as was Brandon Barker,
Can I ask what you're a guru in Sam because I'm not sure you're a guru in football with comments like that.
How can Celina be abysmal when he hardly saw any of the ball to be abysmal as we were on the back foot so much?
I know football is all about opinions pal, but Barker abysmal? Wow, just wow. For me he looked a threat when he came on. Granted end product wasn't there but he was only on the pitch for 15 mins, not sure if you expected a Messi like performance from him?

Can I ask what you're a guru in Sam because I'm not sure you're a guru in football with comments like that.
How can Celina be abysmal when he hardly saw any of the ball to be abysmal as we were on the back foot so much?
I know football is all about opinions pal, but Barker abysmal? Wow, just wow. For me he looked a threat when he came on. Granted end product wasn't there but he was only on the pitch for 15 mins, not sure if you expected a Messi like performance from him?

Barker was very good and wasn't afraid of the occasion. To say he was abysmal is ridiculous IMO

I'm certainly confused at people saying Barker looked bad; he was extremely positive and done more than Celina.

I thought Manu Garcia was the pick out of the bunch, his touch and class was brilliant. Saying that, I do think he's a year or two off from being a first-team contender. Same with Aleix. I thought Tosin had a fantastic defensive match but his lack of ball-playing is something he needs to work on. I also thought Faupala was a willing runner and deserved his goal but I certainly don't see him being on the same technical level of the Garcia's.

Agree.

I'm certainly confused at people saying Barker looked bad; he was extremely positive and done more than Celina.

I thought Manu Garcia was the pick out of the bunch, his touch and class was brilliant. Saying that, I do think he's a year or two off from being a first-team contender. Same with Aleix. I thought Tosin had a fantastic defensive match but his lack of ball-playing is something he needs to work on. I also thought Faupala was a willing runner and deserved his goal but I certainly don't see him being on the same technical level of the Garcia's.
That's why they are in the "Elite Development Squad", they're not ready yet. Today is a good experience for them to know how far away they, and it will stand them in good stead for the future, I hope they now get rewarded by getting some bit parts elsewhere, otherwise today might be wasted.

Doubt we will see any of them in this season anymore apart from Kelechi. Maybe in games as sub when we are 0-3 down or 4-0 up, that can happen in the league in a few games.

They had the big chance today to shine, they did well apart from losing 5-1 no matter how big joke that sounds. Its absolutely not the way to promote youngsters in a good way. Step by step get them used to the first team 20 minutes here and there, full 90 minutes maybe when we are up against shit teams early in League cups etc, then vs easier PL teams...
Throw in many of them vs Chelsea away with the dross we have from first team like Demi and Kolarov, it was asking for a big beating and we delivered that.

They will all have learnt a big lesson from today. Hoped they enjoyed it and now they can
see for themselves the levels of skill, strength, fitness and technical ability required to make
it at this level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.