The youth players that played today

I was disappointed with Celina and Barker but for different reasons.The former simply couldnt get into the game,he rarely saw the ball so its difficult to judge him on that basis.As for Barker,he frustrates me,annoys me even......he has talent in abundance but his attitude is all wrong,he rarely looks like he is playing to his capacity and quite often looks like he isnt that arsed,in fact,going off his body language,im not even sure he enjoys the game.
As for the others,all impressed to varying degrees and certainly dont look out of place at this level.

That's why they are in the "Elite Development Squad", they're not ready yet. Today is a good experience for them to know how far away they, and it will stand them in good stead for the future, I hope they now get rewarded by getting some bit parts elsewhere, otherwise today might be wasted.

Agree mate. I see no harm in trusting certain ones to start in games where our players need resting. For instance, against Villa in two weeks, I think we could easily slot A.Garcia in the side while resting Yaya. I hope Pellegrini uses this as a platform to give them more opportunities to impress and rotate key players throughout the season. While not quite ready, I don't think Manu or Aleix really looked out of their depth.

Agree mate. I see no harm in trusting certain ones to start in games where our players need resting. For instance, against Villa in two weeks, I think we could easily slot A.Garcia in the side while resting Yaya. I hope Pellegrini uses this as a platform to give them more opportunities to impress and rotate key players throughout the season. While not quite ready, I don't think Manu or Aleix really looked out of their depth.

Don't think he will. He has nothing to prove, he's off at the end of the season.

I'm not sure about starting, but they need to be given some chances, to an extent they took one for the club today, and that alone should be rewarded, to be holding that Chelsea team 1-1 at half time was impressive, no matter the final outcome, and I hope Pellegrini and his staff made that clear at the end.

Any criticism of Barker is a bit strange, the whole team had stopped playing well by the time he came on and Kolarov never seems to get on well with debuting players IMO.

I thought Celina was very quiet and a bit unlucky to go off so early without having a go in another position (again he was working with Kolarov).

They all showed glimpses of their potential and did well, and certainly gives the club plenty to work with next season. They should be able to secure loan moves at better clubs as a result of this exposure too.

Don't forget our best prospects are out on loan too.

They should be able to secure loan moves at better clubs as a result of this exposure too.
That's very a good point.

Personally I'm not a great fan of loan deals, as you have no control over how the loan team play, so I'd like some to be kept around and integrated, but I understand that we can't keep them all here just playing for the EDS.

I'm not sure about starting, but they need to be given some chances, to an extent they took one for the club today, and that alone should be rewarded, to be holding that Chelsea team 1-1 at half time was impressive, no matter the final outcome, and I hope Pellegrini and his staff made that clear at the end.

Funnily enough though, the majority of the goals conceded, if not all, were the undoing of our experienced players. 5 out of the 7 defensive players were experienced yet we conceded 5 goals. Our youth players were not an excuse for our bad defending.

If we give our experienced players tons of gametime, I don't see the harm in playing a select youth player in games we should comfortably win e.g. Villa. If we intergrate them now, it would do them the world of good, give the other youth players a seemingly more attainable goal/incentive and allow us to rotate our squad efficiently.

Look how Barcelona intergrated the likes of Montoya, Tello, Rafinha etc and I think we should allow our youth players to feel they have a role to play in the first team. It really benefits all factors of this football club.

I was disappointed with Celina and Barker but for different reasons.The former simply couldnt get into the game,he rarely saw the ball so its difficult to judge him on that basis.As for Barker,he frustrates me,annoys me even......he has talent in abundance but his attitude is all wrong,he rarely looks like he is playing to his capacity and quite often looks like he isnt that arsed,in fact,going off his body language,im not even sure he enjoys the game.
As for the others,all impressed to varying degrees and certainly dont look out of place at this level.

Going off body language??? Seriously? At which University did you study football body language?

What's your coaching role at City if you know his attitude is wrong?

Did Zidane ever look like he was playing to capacity? What about Matt Le Tissier? Glenn Hoddle? Chriss Waddle?

I take from your comments you'd like everyone to play like Paul Dickov?

5 out of the 7 defensive players were experienced yet we conceded 5 goals. Our youth players were not an excuse for our bad defending.
Oh I wasn't saying they were. As I say they were put out there today to "take one for the team", which they did, and for 45 minutes at least they put up a good fight, and they should get their reward for it.

Oh I wasn't saying they were. As I say they were put out there today to "take one for the team", which they did, and for 45 minutes at least they put up a good fight, and they should get their reward for it.

I didn't say you did mate. I was just pointing out how our youth players looked compared to our experienced players. We give the experienced players so much game time when we should spread it out to the deserving players regardless of age. I thought Aleix and Manu are ready to be squad players at this stage. They may be a while off being regulars in the first team, but we should give the valuable experience to our youth players and rotate our squad. We may not possibly have such a crazy injury record if Pellegrini used our youth in the right games and give rests to key players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.