The youth players that played today

Honestly felt nothing but pride in a fantastic display yesterday. I think its fair to say we ran out of steam in the 2nd half, but that first half was fantastic. I think the two Garcias have a future in our first team maybe the season after next. Barker did well but still haven't seen enough of him. Excellent for the EDS but hasn't quite made the transition to senior level yet, especially the physicality. Nothing to worry about there though, he will come good in time. Never been so optimistic after losing a game

It was a huge occasion for them all to handle, away to the current champions, playing virtually their full team, and, in front of the eyes of millions, I think we should cut them a little slack, it was a great experience for them, one they will learn from, not only in a footballing sense, but about themselves as individuals too.

The really annoying thing is if we had blooded youngsters individually throughout the season, we would be in a much stronger position. We are where we are because of the resistance to field them.
This is spot on. Tosin should be selected before MD moving forward though. He showed enough yesterday to suggest next to VK he could do a very decent job against the majority of teams. Manu Garcia grew into the game as well. As many have said they embarrassed the likes of Fernando and AK simply in terms of effort.

This is spot on. Tosin should be selected before MD moving forward though. He showed enough yesterday to suggest next to VK he could do a very decent job against the majority of teams. Manu Garcia grew into the game as well. As many have said they embarrassed the likes of Fernando and AK simply in terms of effort.
Agree to that. Start including some of these young guns in the team ahead of the likes of Demichelis, Fernando and Kolarov, allthough I am not sure who would the one to use instead of the latter.

Manu Garcia looked the business and Tosin was very good, despite some shaky distribution.
A. Garcia was ok, as was Faupala. Iheanacho was reasonable but i thought a bit sluggish>?
Celina had an off day and i thought Barker's touch was sloppy.

As for the other I though Adarabioyo was outstanding, although he had a shaky 10-15 minute spell around the hour mark with his distribution. Defensively he was superb, his positioning was spot on, he played the tactics of stepping up very well, wasn't intimidated by Costa and won some cracking tackles.

Manu Garcia, wow what a talent. Technically he's absolutely ready for the first team if we played him in a midfield three, such a calm and assured display and he worked hard trying to do his bit defensively. Physically I think he's just a bit short but that's an age/physical maturity thing and will come with time, if we give him 30-60 minute cameo appearances for now and wrap him in cotton wool he'll just get better and better.

Alex Garcia was a very surprising one, hadn't seen anything of him previously but like Manu he was very good. Did everything we could possibly have asked of him, he looked comfortable in possession. Got overrun in midfield but again that was a tactical fuck up using a 4-4-2 with kids against a 4-5-1 against seasoned internationals. He's definitely one to watch.

Cellina just couldn't get into the game but young players just have games like that occasionally so it doesn't worry me. He's got as good a chance as any youngster to work his way into the first team when Pep arrives.

Faupala was brilliant, looked to really enjoy himself and took his chance with both hands. Clearly not as good as the other lads, although a few of his tricks and flicks came off but to get a goal however lucky could kick him on a bit. Can't see him making it long term but good on the lad for giving it absolutely everything, most of us would kill to get a goal for City and he's done it now.

Barker - see previous post.

Kelechi didn't have his best game but who could in the circumstances, we all know he's a superstar in the making if he keeps the same humble attitude and keeps working hard.

not read all but do people honestly believe it was down to the manager alone to pick that team

just to add im not the managers biggest fan think hes cost us this season

Funny how we fans have differing views on players. I thought M Garcia played brilliantly and was the pick of the bunch however, I think Faupala is a very rough diamond.
He has the right physicality and didn't seemed phased. Of course he ran out of steam but I think we have a player there.

Barker has all the skills but I do question his application. He seems happy to contribute now and again. With the right coaching he could improve immensely.

Thought they were great yesterday. Celina was quiet, but the 2 Garcia's, especially Aleix looked top. Tosin was great up against Costa. They were obviously let down by some of the experienced players, but also by the tactics. When Chelsea moved Fabregas we were over-run in the middle, and they coped as best they could, but why we didn't change our shape i don't know, everyone could see the problem.

The future is bright that's for sure...

Manu Garcia looked the business and Tosin was very good, despite some shaky distribution.
A. Garcia was ok, as was Faupala. Iheanacho was reasonable but i thought a bit sluggish>?
Celina had an off day and i thought Barker's touch was sloppy.

Summed up perfectly mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.