Theory......another one

rastus said:
good to see some optimism but although Hughes was a player with a winning mentality, he has not been able to transfer that mentality to Management, Wales, BBurn or MCFC. Or he has always worked with players who have never possessed this trait.
Itresting theory though.....

he instilled it into his blkburn squad tbh they were the one team that battled till the full 90 min most consistintly out of the top 4 mate.

scottyboi said:
rastus said:
good to see some optimism but although Hughes was a player with a winning mentality, he has not been able to transfer that mentality to Management, Wales, BBurn or MCFC. Or he has always worked with players who have never possessed this trait.

he instilled it into his blkburn squad tbh they were the one team that battled till the full 90 min most consistintly out of the top 4 mate.

Battling not really winning though, remember they finished 8th last year, and we sacked our manager for finishing 9th so the margin for success and failure in the eyes of our ownership was less that one additional win on the season(not forgetting of course that goal that was "disallowed" and then allowed at Eastlands, if that hadn't stood City would have finished above)Hughes and his "winning" mentality at Blackburn.

scottyboi said:
rastus said:

possibly, but didnt finish in the top 5 though, not sure of the finishing positions but usually mid table, more a battling mentality. Which in the position we are in, we need.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
scottyboi said:

Battling not really winning though, remember they finished 8th last year, and we sacked our manager for finishing 9th so the margin for success and failure in the eyes of our ownership was less that one additional win on the season(not forgetting of course that goal that was "disallowed" and then allowed at Eastlands, if that hadn't stood City would have finished above)Hughes and his "winning" mentality at Blackburn.

why are you so biased? they hunted the ball down and then when they got possession they played some really good football at home... when away they battled got the goal then hit them on the counter. Nout wrong with that tbh. Just fed up of the people thinking blackburn were some shit club when he was incharge.When it wasnt.

Did Hughes really improve Blackburn that much?

Graeme Souness averaged 1.50 points per match in his 212 matches there, Hughes averaged 1.55 points per match in his 188.

A difference of around 2 points a season.

elano... let's see...

he's won the south american equivalent to EC, setting up the opener with a assist in the finals before being subbed due to injury and have also won the league with the biggest domestic following in the entire world...

i'm gonna place him in "cosy".

we all know it's the dark ages in that pseudo football nation brazil anyways... "they can't hack it in the prem"...

not at all like our beloved barcelona/bayern-reject who never got it going outside the prem and mantains a failure to qualify for the wc and ec as a manager with wales with the single outstanding winning record of 43% at blackburn and an almost identical 44% at city - less than 27% in the prem this season... which is... way, way better than the 39% we had in the prem last season.

even the point tally percentage (44%) of the winning mentality vs. last seasons losing mentality (65%) simply oozes class.

so why would we even consider that lousy copa america, brazilian league winner and city 0.23 goalscoring spoiled am (playing off position in half of his games)... when clearly... clearly... we have so many better options forming in the head of the 0.21 barcelona/bayern-striker reject, failed manager wannabe.

gosh darn it - i'd even go as far as putting elano in the "cosy" section and hughes in the "pliable".

one day...

we too could almost succeed at something...

why are you so biased? they hunted the ball down and then when they got possession they played some really good football at home... when away they battled got the goal then hit them on the counter. Nout wrong with that tbh. Just fed up of the people thinking blackburn were some shit club when he was incharge.When it wasnt.

Not really Biased, I think they where a strong mid table team, I was happy with where we finished last year and thought SGE did a good job, and if I had been a Blackburn fan I would have thought the same thing about Hughes, but we both where upper mid table teams whatever spin you put on it(in no way do I think they where a shit club).

DontLookBackInAnger said:

Not really Biased, I think they where a strong mid table team, I was happy with where we finished last year and thought SGE did a good job, and if I had been a Blackburn fan I would have thought the same thing about Hughes, but we both where upper mid table teams whatever spin you put on it(in no way do I think they where a shit club).

but they wasnt just battlers i think they deserved more credit than they got.

moomba said:
Did Hughes really improve Blackburn that much?

Graeme Souness averaged 1.50 points per match in his 212 matches there, Hughes averaged 1.55 points per match in his 188.

A difference of around 2 points a season.

who managed that club longer? i dont no will you tell me i know you can find it somewhere :) ill then look at that stat again.

scottyboi said:
who managed that club longer? i dont no will you tell me i know you can find it somewhere :) ill then look at that stat again.

Souness. 24 more games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.