There MUST be something we can do!

marcoboogers said:
For me, most of the so called iffy decisions were just that ie could have been given,may have even been given if it was another ref,or given against us.However, the Drenthe one was nailed on, nowhere near the ball,studs raised, caught Richards= Redcard.Not saying it would have changed the result,but surley a red
Spot on.

As previously posted, no one is saying we should have won etc. No one is saying that if Drenthe got a red for that challenge the result would have been different.

All anyone expects is that the referee is sufficiently competent to get it right.

strongbowholic said:
marcoboogers said:
For me, most of the so called iffy decisions were just that ie could have been given,may have even been given if it was another ref,or given against us.However, the Drenthe one was nailed on, nowhere near the ball,studs raised, caught Richards= Redcard.Not saying it would have changed the result,but surley a red
Spot on.

As previously posted, no one is saying we should have won etc. No one is saying that if Drenthe got a red for that challenge the result would have been different.

All anyone expects is that the referee is sufficiently competent to get it right.

Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise

Gelsons Dad said:
It's clear now that the players don't expect to get any decisions. Aguero should have had a pen and Royston Vasey should have been sent off.

I honestly think these decisions and suspensions are sucking the life out of the team at a vital time in the season.

They're sure sucking the life out of me. I look at who the ref's going to be now before I look at which players may be available. I'm not paranoid but it's every fucking game now.

Balti said:
strongbowholic said:
marcoboogers said:
Spot on.

Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise

Even Moyes knew it was a red....its the only reason he took him off cause he could see that the ref had got it wrong, and didn't want to give him a chance to right it<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 pm --<br /><br />
BiBaBo said:
Gelsons Dad said:
It's clear now that the players don't expect to get any decisions. Aguero should have had a pen and Royston Vasey should have been sent off.

I honestly think these decisions and suspensions are sucking the life out of the team at a vital time in the season.

They're sure sucking the life out of me. I look at who the ref's going to be now before I look at which players may be available. I'm not paranoid but it's every fucking game now.

Who is it on Saturday?

We were shite tonight without doubt, and one decent shot on goal suggests we didn't deserve to win.
But undeserved wins when playing crap is whats needed to win titles, and the fact is, if the correct decisions had been given we would have won..

I think the lot of us, players as well, need to fucking grow a pair and rise above all this. Džeko shit out of that challenge (as he did all night), if he'd stood up strong and controlled that ball with heart and meaningful hard faught play he wouldn't have been easily brushed aside, foul or not.

I think our attitude towards all this - whether decisions are wrong or not - is limp and weak. If you are so sick of the officials and the FA, what exactly are you doing about it? Where are your complaints? Where are your demands to the right people? Or are you just sitting on your chairs on the computer and whining about it like whiney Arsenal fans or sore-loser Rags, and doing exactly shiny shit all about it?!

I've seen other clubs (not just in football) in the past have this shut-out, fuck-off, us against them, unless you're with us you're against us, siege mentality. But I see with too many right now it's fucking mard-arse, quite happy to cry about it but nothing being faught against it!

For me we put in a half hearted performance against a team we yet again didn't take seriously. Whether Džeko was fouled or not (I actually think he was but if he was stronger like he should have been he would have done the right thing and controlled that ball whether someone is physical with you or not - it's not like the lad absolutely crunched him, he barely touched him!), that incident was on the fucking half way line, there was still a whole half of the pitch for us to win the ball back never mind actually avoid conceding a goal.

I think the officials decisions are bad, but they are for everyone, its really not just us. I parked down Cherry Lane at a mates house tonight and was walking back to my car with the hoards of Everton fans and loads were moaning about Kompany being in the pitch after making about five fouls after his booking. I thougt to myself, fucking hell, they sound like us, no one is ever happy with the officials. The officials to me are actually only about 1/3 of our problem at the moment. One third is either poor finishing, poor passing or poor defending. The other third is a lack of fight against the rest of the world from top to bottom of our club. As I said above, limp and weak. That's what I'm getting as a vibe from City at the moment.

At every game we're told there's an FA Observer marking the ref and watching for goodness knows what else - UFOs or the Lost City of Atlantis for all anyone cares. Who this mystery man - or woman - is, or more pertinently what their opinions consist of, we don't know and that's the problem. They may have marked the ref as having had a blinder or a stinker - certainly in many of our games this season they should have done the latter. The FA's coffers come from us, the punters, remember so shouldn't they be answerable to their paymasters? Therefore, in the interests of transparency, shouldn't these people's reports be made public. It's not exactly the Cold War, is it? The FA needs to shape up or ship out...

danburge82 said:
I think the lot of us, players as well, need to fucking grow a pair and rise above all this. Džeko shit out of that challenge (as he did all night), if he'd stood up strong and controlled that ball with heart and meaningful hard faught play he wouldn't have been easily brushed aside, foul or not.

I think our attitude towards all this - whether decisions are wrong or not - is limp and weak. If you are so sick of the officials and the FA, what exactly are you doing about it? Where are your complaints? Where are your demands to the right people? Or are you just sitting on your chairs on the computer and whining about it like whiney Arsenal fans or sore-loser Rags, and doing exactly shiny shit all about it?!

I've seen other clubs (not just in football) in the past have this shut-out, fuck-off, us against them, unless you're with us you're against us, siege mentality. But I see with too many right now it's fucking mard-arse, quite happy to cry about it but nothing being faught against it!

For me we put in a half hearted performance against a team we yet again didn't take seriously. Whether Džeko was fouled or not (I actually think he was but if he was stronger like he should have been he would have done the right thing and controlled that ball whether someone is physical with you or not - it's not like the lad absolutely crunched him, he barely touched him!), that incident was on the fucking half way line, there was still a whole half of the pitch for us to win the ball back never mind actually avoid conceding a goal.

I think the officials decisions are bad, but they are for everyone, its really not just us. I parked down Cherry Lane at a mates house tonight and was walking back to my car with the hoards of Everton fans and loads were moaning about Kompany being in the pitch after making about five fouls after his booking. I thougt to myself, fucking hell, they sound like us, no one is ever happy with the officials. The officials to me are actually only about 1/3 of our problem at the moment. One third is either poor finishing, poor passing or poor defending. The other third is a lack of fight against the rest of the world from top to bottom of our club. As I said above, limp and weak. That's what I'm getting as a vibe from City at the moment.

Aaah, complaints to the FA et al, do you honestly think it will make a difference? Do you honestly think they will write back and say:

Dear Mr Strongbowholic

Yes, you are absolutely spot on. We got it wrong, you got it right. Forgive and forget, water under the bridge and all that, there's a good show.

Sorry.

Yours

The FA

Or do you think it will be more a case of:

"We value all supporters feedback...blah....blah...pat on head, tummy tickled...blah...blah."?

One expects the match officials to make the right calls (for us or against us, I'm not bothered as long as they are right) however we can point to at least 7 games now where decisions have been so bad as to beggar belief and in a number of those games have cost us very dearly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.