These so called city "glory hunters"

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm a long term supporter myself.

I remember my first day as a City supporter very well.

1st September 2008. Been following them ever since then, through thick and thin.

haha....

This whole "My first match" campaign City did recently made me a little unease because to be honest I cannot remember the first City game I went to :S

This makes me less of a fan?

I was probably around 2-3years old, the first actual game I remember can't be my first game as I was taken to quite a few before that fixture.

A lot of those stories on that my first match website are bullshit I have to say.

Stevie B said:
I'm a long term supporter myself.

I remember my first day as a City supporter very well.

1st September 2008. Been following them ever since then, through thick and thin.

haha....

This whole "My first match" campaign City did recently made me a little unease because to be honest I cannot remember the first City game I went to :S

This makes me less of a fan?

I was probably around 2-3years old, the first actual game I remember can't be my first game as I was taken to quite a few before that fixture.

A lot of those stories on that my first match website are bullshit I have to say.

Agreed. Too many games and it was too long ago. i think I know but i'm just guessing really!

Honestly being obsessed with the glory hunters and plastics and I supported city back when everyone played barefoot because they didn't have shoes thing just makes us look like small people. We NEED these people if were going to become a big club. Who do we think has been financing united's success all these years? I guarantee it wasn't the small amount of fans who've been fans forever. Conversely I can promise were not going to get the money and respect we'll earn without them. The footballing institutions around the world will respect us as a club and give us the same type of treatment the big dogs get only when we have legions of these fans and their tv and merchandising money behind us. Frankly results are secondary in this regard. The money we can bring in from foreign sources is going to be the real power. That means plastics and glory hunters. And Thats ok with me. Sorry for the rant.

I get called a glory hunter a lot these days despite being a fan since i was 5, and that was in 2000.

I have noticed some in Iceland recently but very few.

IcelandicBlue said:
I get called a glory hunter a lot these days despite being a fan since i was 5, and that was in 2000.

Fucking fair play to you mate.

Some of the pricks on here think if you weren't conceived and born on the Kippax you're not a real City fan.

You've got as much right to call yourself a blue as anyone.

IcelandicBlue said:

Fucking fair play to you mate.

Some of the pricks on here think if you weren't conceived and born on the Kippax you're not a real City fan.

You've got as much right to call yourself a blue as anyone.

Thanks man, that's good to hear!
Love this club to bits!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.