These so called city "glory hunters"

I hope to see a lot more glory hunters soon..

This "We are better fans than thou" lark is cringeworthy in itself, all clubs have a hardcore element that is mixed with local lads and a number of fans that follow from a distance in some way.

As for City, in my experience I have seen a lot more shirts both in the UK and abroad but the funny thing is that many of them are rather old so I guess it have been more of a rejuvenation of our old fanbase, those that gave up hope under Pearce perhaps etc.

It depends on how you define glory hunter, I was at Maine Road all through my teens, left to join the forces, been to maximum of 2 games per season in the last 20 years (Charity Shield was my last game) but I've started to wear a city shirt for the first time in decades just recently. I don't really call it glory hunting, more a show of pride, but I've certainly become more "visible" and I think that happens with every club when there's some excitement around. There are always many thousands of invisible fans, difference is that they're starting to show themselves.

I've not yet seen any proper "glory hunters" but then we haven't won a title yet. When that happens there will be many, many more of them.

By the way, United's fans like their "plastics" down in Croydon about as much as we do.

These so called city "glory hunters"

I teach in Abu Dhabi and loads of kids are beginning to wear City shirts now - I have no problem with this!

Just spent a few days down in Bexhill and Eastbourne visiting friends... There is a guy in the fish stall on the seafront at Eastbourne who sells shellfish etc at half price to blues, first met him 6 or 7 years ago when down there, did go to games at one time but no longer, still wears something to show his colours though.
Also bumped into 2 young lads in a group playing football as we walked through a park, both wearing the new City Tops and both Gold memberships, go to most games. Nice to see there were no Rag tops being worn. They told me that plenty of blues travel from the Sussex area to games and always have done.

gospel truth= when i was at school the split was 1/3 city(i left in 89) 1/3 scum.
the other 1/3 was the kids who supported lpool cos they were winning everything or werent arsed more arsed about waggin it!
whats funny now is the.. lets say scouse "followers" are all HUGE unshited fans been so for years blah blah would go but can never get a ticket bollocks
the only kid i remember (who ive seen regulary at maine rd and eastlands) who wasnt big into footie but said he was a lpool fan he only did cos even back then he fukin hated united for some reason! asked him once, must have been early 90's how come youve started coming to city the reply was classic....daft grin on his face...."to win stuff!!!!" priceless.

the truth is a hell of a lot of ushiteds "local" fans are early/late teens who started supportin them in the early 90's.

bringer678 said:
never met 1 and i don't want to
!

I know the odd Rag and he says a lot of Mancunian Rags hate some of these plastic fuckers who support their club. One has told me he's seen fights break out; Rag on Rag (proper fan v billy bandwagoner).

It was hilarious being called a "Manc ****" by the cockerney Rags down at Wembley, nothing short of pathetic!

-- Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:35 am --

blue dallas said:
have them in a flash anyday over the serial no shows we have in early round cup games.
Carling Cup v Scunthorpe 2009 we got 37000 in October. Fantastic attendance!
All of our group stage Europa Lg games last season were over 33000. Great attendances!

The only time we struggle to pull in crowds below 30000 is in cup games after Christmas (Stoke Jan 2010, Leicester and Notts last season). People are skint after Christmas! I've missed three home games in the last decade. One because I was in hospital, one because I was passed out on a field after a night at the Warehouse Project and that Stoke game in the FAC the other season because I was skint after Christmas and NY.

Shit happens! But I think we get good cup attendances, sometimes excellent even in the early rounds. Just not in the NY for abvious reasons!

So to be honest, I don't know what you're on about!

tumblr_ldmlbai5FS1qc5u6d.jpg

S04 said:
I hope to see a lot more glory hunters soon..

This "We are better fans than thou" lark is cringeworthy in itself, all clubs have a hardcore element that is mixed with local lads and a number of fans that follow from a distance in some way.

As for City, in my experience I have seen a lot more shirts both in the UK and abroad but the funny thing is that many of them are rather old so I guess it have been more of a rejuvenation of our old fanbase, those that gave up hope under Pearce perhaps etc.
There's a HUGE difference between people from Chhetham Hill, Chelford or Chicago being emotionally attached to a football club; and people who are sad fuckers who just latch on to a club because they're good and either have a chance of winning things or regularly win things!

danburge82 said:
bringer678 said:
never met 1 and i don't want to
!

I know the odd Rag and he says a lot of Mancunian Rags hate some of these plastic fuckers who support their club. One has told me he's seen fights break out; Rag on Rag (proper fan v billy bandwagoner).

It was hilarious being called a "Manc ****" by the cockerney Rags down at Wembley, nothing short of pathetic!

-- Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:35 am --

blue dallas said:
have them in a flash anyday over the serial no shows we have in early round cup games.
Carling Cup v Scunthorpe 2009 we got 37000 in October. Fantastic attendance!
All of our group stage Europa Lg games last season were over 33000. Great attendances!
I'd almost guarantee the "no shows" are the casual, not really that arsed fans or fans who only come now and again.

The only time we struggle to pull in crowds below 30000 is in cup games after Christmas (Stoke Jan 2010, Leicester and Notts last season). People are skint after Christmas! I've missed three home games in the last decade. One because I was in hospital, one because I was passed out on a field after a night at the Warehouse Project and that Stoke game in the FAC the other season because I was skint after Christmas and NY.

Shit happens! But I think we get good cup attendances, sometimes excellent even in the early rounds. Just not in the NY for abvious reasons!

So to be honest, I don't know what you're on about!
even with the whopping 33,000 statistic you've trawled around for that still leaves 14,000
seats left for some 'glory hunters'
how many were there for the quarter final of the FA cup last year ?
41,000..... that leaves, 6000 glory hunter spots.
do you know what i'm on about now ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.