Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammyblues said:
If it were me I would build a side round both Thiago and Isco.

looking at the way they played so well together for the U21's surly some one would consider the idea.

Rammyblues said:

This! The combination of Fernandinho/ Yaya / Thiago would be perfect! Fernandinho will offer us a gritty box to box midfielder who possesses De Jongs bite aswel as Silvas Passing. This will let Yaya push forward and use his power and presence where he can blossom in the final third. Whilst Thiago would offer flair, the turns, the little one twos with silva, He would be the perfect fit for us as he has a box of tricks aswel as a final ball. If we want to acheive 'sexy' football we should seriously consider building a team around these two.

ljones15 said:
Rammyblues said:

This! The combination of Fernandinho/ Yaya / Thiago would be perfect! Fernandinho will offer us a gritty box to box midfielder who possesses De Jongs bite aswel as Silvas Passing. This will let Yaya push forward and use his power and presence where he can blossom in the final third. Whilst Thiago would offer flair, the turns, the little one twos with silva, He would be the perfect fit for us as he has a box of tricks aswel as a final ball. If we want to acheive 'sexy' football we should seriously consider building a team around these two.

its not just considering it we should do but throw the kitchen sink at the deal if it means we get him.

Without any bias (as he may go to Utd) or any flapping, there does seem to be a few who think this isn't the finished article etc.

This guy is already there. Not just in the u21 tournament. Watched him loads of times and he is everything the modern midfielder should be.

No other options at this price to get this sort of quality. Then taking into account he will only get better who ever gets him has a top class player. Now. Not in a few years once he gets experience. He will dictate games now.

If he goes Utd it will be their Scholes for the next generation.

If he comes to us we must find room for him.

I think because of his age a few don't give him enough credit for the player he is now.

Johnny_on said:
Without any bias (as he may go to Utd) or any flapping, there does seem to be a few who think this isn't the finished article etc.

This guy is already there. Not just in the u21 tournament. Watched him loads of times and he is everything the modern midfielder should be.

No other options at this price to get this sort of quality. Then taking into account he will only get better who ever gets him has a top class player. Now. Not in a few years once he gets experience. He will dictate games now.

If he goes Utd it will be their Scholes for the next generation.

If he comes to us we must find room for him.

I think because of his age a few don't give him enough credit for the player he is now.

spot on mate

How do United get this new generation of Thiago's and Kagawa's from their academy, they really do have the best scouting in Europe

Very good player.

Disagree about the Man Utd connection and comparison to Scholes

Man Utd have played with wingers which is why Kagawa hardly played at all in the League last season. If they sign Thiago, it is either a sign that Moyes does not know what he is doing, or they are going to play through midfield

What's the point of signing a player who is the master of quick fire passing and give and go if he has only one or two players around him in midfield? I'm sure he would still do a good job, but some of his ability would be wasted.

Scholes stood out as a goal scorer in his earlier years, and also as a player who would switch the play with long diagonal passes to the wings. He was perfectly suited to Utd's game. Thiago is a very different midfielder

man Utd and Barcelona/Spain have very different playing styles, and the Utd fans who are going mad about him don't seem to realise that

They signed two good midfielders last season in Powell ad Kagawa, and their influence on their season was virtually nil because of the emphasis on wing play.

I have read somewhere that Gerard Pique is convincing Thiago to stay at Barcelona.

Marvin said:
Very good player.

Disagree about the Man Utd connection and comparison to Scholes

Man Utd have played with wingers which is why Kagawa hardly played at all in the League last season. If they sign Thiago, it is either a sign that Moyes does not know what he is doing, or they are going to play through midfield

What's the point of signing a player who is the master of quick fire passing and give and go if he has only one or two players around him in midfield? I'm sure he would still do a good job, but some of his ability would be wasted.

Scholes stood out as a goal scorer in his earlier years, and also as a player who would switch the play with long diagonal passes to the wings. He was perfectly suited to Utd's game. Thiago is a very different midfielder

man Utd and Barcelona/Spain have very different playing styles, and the Utd fans who are going mad about him don't seem to realise that

They signed two good midfielders last season in Powell ad Kagawa, and their influence on their season was virtually nil because of the emphasis on wing play.
Exactly my opinion as well mate. I can't see him in their team at all. Doesn't suit the way they play and it will be incredibly hard for him to play there. Kagawa is the best example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.