Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syth said:
Marvin said:
Very good player.

Disagree about the Man Utd connection and comparison to Scholes

Man Utd have played with wingers which is why Kagawa hardly played at all in the League last season. If they sign Thiago, it is either a sign that Moyes does not know what he is doing, or they are going to play through midfield

What's the point of signing a player who is the master of quick fire passing and give and go if he has only one or two players around him in midfield? I'm sure he would still do a good job, but some of his ability would be wasted.

Scholes stood out as a goal scorer in his earlier years, and also as a player who would switch the play with long diagonal passes to the wings. He was perfectly suited to Utd's game. Thiago is a very different midfielder

man Utd and Barcelona/Spain have very different playing styles, and the Utd fans who are going mad about him don't seem to realise that

They signed two good midfielders last season in Powell ad Kagawa, and their influence on their season was virtually nil because of the emphasis on wing play.
Exactly my opinion as well mate. I can't see him in their team at all. Doesn't suit the way they play and it will be incredibly hard for him to play there. Kagawa is the best example of that.

Marv runnin tings. Quality insight mate.

And Nou Camp colleague Pique has warned the Catalan club they must fight to keep Alcantara, who has also been linked with Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

"It's a job for the technical secretary now and there is that possibility that he could leave for 18 million [euros]," Pique told radio station Onda Cero.

"The most important thing is to make him see that there is no better place than Barcelona football club.

"Players of the calibre of Xavi, who also play in his position, had patience and in the end defined an era."

"I know that he (Thiago) has a lot of quality and he could be a starter for any team in Europe," added Pique.

"We have the players that we have but I think in the end he will realise because he is an intelligent player."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...tar-Thiago-Alcantara-who-wants-Barcelona-exit

-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm --

BringBackSwales said:
Ray78 said:
I have read somewhere that Gerard Pique is convincing Thiago to stay at Barcelona.

has he dumped Ibra for him?

Nope.

I think a team with Silva, Isco, and Thiago in it would play a type of football never before seen in the Premier League.

Ray78 said:
And Nou Camp colleague Pique has warned the Catalan club they must fight to keep Alcantara, who has also been linked with Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

"It's a job for the technical secretary now and there is that possibility that he could leave for 18 million [euros]," Pique told radio station Onda Cero.

"The most important thing is to make him see that there is no better place than Barcelona football club.

"Players of the calibre of Xavi, who also play in his position, had patience and in the end defined an era."

"I know that he (Thiago) has a lot of quality and he could be a starter for any team in Europe," added Pique.

"We have the players that we have but I think in the end he will realise because he is an intelligent player."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...tar-Thiago-Alcantara-who-wants-Barcelona-exit

-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm --

BringBackSwales said:
Ray78 said:
I have read somewhere that Gerard Pique is convincing Thiago to stay at Barcelona.

has he dumped Ibra for him?

Nope.

Thanks Ray :o)

From all I have read and gathered, the most likely situation is that Isco chooses us and Thiago stays at Barca.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/opinion-pieces/the-foundation-of-a-balanced-team/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/opinion- ... nced-team/</a>

Andouble said:
I think a team with Silva, Isco, and Thiago in it would play a type of football never before seen in the Premier League.

especially when u see how dave is playing atm against tahiti he's so much better than everyone else on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.