Status
Not open for further replies.
stanHayes said:
johnmc said:
taconinja said:
Or they could all start in a 4-3-3.

-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 pm --

Yes. And?

How many players do you want. If Thiago comes what's your midfield?

What about THIGO instead OF YaYa! Cannot tackle.. & can slow things down to a snails pace at times (yaya i mean)
Absolutely brainless idea.

johnmc said:
taconinja said:
Fernandinho playing slightly deeper than Toure-Thiago against most opposition.

So essentially a 4-3-3?
Yes. Am I missing something? I'm not sure.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:54 pm --<br /><br />
johnmc said:
stanHayes said:
What about THIGO instead OF YaYa! Cannot tackle.. & can slow things down to a snails pace at times (yaya i mean)

Sorry. You want to replace Yaya with Thiago?
Horrible idea.

TexasBlueMoon said:
Mad 4 It said:
johnmc said:
So when we won the league who was our Thiago that is so essential.

Yeah and we were fucking awesome in the champions league... Not. So you're happy playing Garcia and Barry when Yaya is knackered and Fernandinho is injured. Good luck with that one. Rodwell is an option granted but he's so injury prone I would have to discount him.

How many Yaya backups do you want us to have?? Fernandinho, Garcia, Barry and Rodwell are clearly not enough for you!

I don't rate Garcia at all and hope he goes. Yaya is 28 as is Fernandinho. Rodwell can't stay healthy so we can't count on him either. Barry is 32? and only has 1 year left on his contract and needs to be replaced and frankly can't play in CL. We aren't as deep in that position as you are making out.

Thiago is a real steal at his 15 mil buyout. Would be a player for the next 10 years or a player we can really cash in on in a few years. He can really do it all. I'll be over the moon if we can sign him and Isco. Would really solidify our squad for years to come and set us up to be able to sell Silva for big money if he decides to leave and not really miss a beat.

Tiago is a very good player FOR HIS AGE he isn't a replacement for Yaya yet not even close (& thats with Yaya requiring a kick up the arse imo)

Neville Kneville said:
taconinja said:
johnmc said:
So essentially a 4-3-3?
Yes. Am I missing something? I'm not sure.

Fernandinho is fast as fuck & will be a threat going forward. Thiago will get in the way.
Against most opposition it won't matter if Fernandinho bombs forward. I'm thinking about 70% or so of the Premier League.

taconinja said:
johnmc said:
taconinja said:
Fernandinho playing slightly deeper than Toure-Thiago against most opposition.

So essentially a 4-3-3?

Just getting to the logistics. So that's your 3 with say Rodwell, Barry, Milner and Razak in reserve.

Then for your front 3 you have Aguero Tevez Silva Navas Dzeko Guidetti and hopefully Isco.

Now if Tevez and Dzeko leave we need another striker because we'd be fucked if Kun had another injury ravaged season like last year. So for arguments sake say Cavani.

Are you going to keep Silva Nasri Aguero Navas Isco Guidetti and Cavani happy no matter how many games we have. Even if Nasri went someone we don't want to piss off will be pissed off.

Ok purely looking at the squad in a 4231 at present our preferred 2 infront of the defense would be yaya and fernandinho. There replacements/cover would be Barry, Rodwell or Garcia. Barry is coming to the end of his contract and not getting any better. Garcia is not suited to the prem/our style of play and Rodwell whether you like it or not is injury prone. Therefore with loss of form, injury and overplay there is plenty of room for Thiago and he would get plenty of games. For me if he came in Barry and Garcia should be sold and we would still be stronger with a big reduction in wages. Also if we play 433 Thiago would be a guaranteed started. Simply Thiago gives us choices. Barry and Garcia do not

johnmc said:
taconinja said:
johnmc said:
So essentially a 4-3-3?

Just getting to the logistics. So that's your 3 with say Rodwell, Barry, Milner and Razak in reserve.

Then for your front 3 you have Aguero Tevez Silva Navas Dzeko Guidetti and hopefully Isco.

Now if Tevez and Dzeko leave we need another striker because we'd be fucked if Kun had another injury ravaged season like last year. So for arguments sake say Cavani.

Are you going to keep Silva Nasri Aguero Navas Isco Guidetti and Cavani happy no matter how many games we have. Even if Nasri went someone we don't want to piss off will be pissed off.
I would definitely consider loaning Giudetti to another PL club. Not sure we're getting Cavani, and Dzeko is better off the subs bench that puts four attack-minded mids for two positions, which isn't that bad.

I realize if we get Thiago, we'll have to make several tough choices about who to keep and who to sell. His potential is worth that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.