Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up on the thread. Firstly a lot are saying well isco is better or out of the two isco has more promise. Well let me tell you something, every year there is a new wonder kid and he plays attacking mid. Last year is was Hazard, the year before it was Sanchez and so on.

Thiago plays deep lying playmaker and they are a rare breed especially as good as he is at his age. Trying to find a player of his skill in his position isn't easy and as we have seen he is something we have all been crying out for and saying what our team lacks.

To say we have Yaya and Fernandinho so we'll be fine is very short sighted indeed. If Fernandinho gets injured what then. We will be no better off than last season.

It doesn't matter how much creativity you have further up the pitch if you haven't got someone who can get it to them quickly we'll be in the same boat as last year.

Mad 4 It said:
Just caught up on the thread. Firstly a lot are saying well isco is better or out of the two isco has more promise. Well let me tell you something, every year there is a new wonder kid and he plays attacking mid. Last year is was Hazard, the year before it was Sanchez and so on.

Thiago plays deep lying playmaker and they are a rare breed especially as good as he is at his age. Trying to find a player of his skill in his position isn't easy and as we have seen he is something we have all been crying out for and saying what our team lacks.

To say we have Yaya and Fernandinho so we'll be fine is very short sighted indeed. If Fernandinho gets injured what then. We will be no better off than last season.

It doesn't matter how much creativity you have further up the pitch if you haven't got someone who can get it to them quickly we'll be in the same boat as last year.

+1

Mad 4 It said:
Thiago plays deep lying playmaker and they are a rare breed especially as good as he is at his age.

Not really at the moment. Verratti is looking the real deal in the role and Spain have both Oliver Torres and Sergi Samper coming through who look genuine prospects. City have been linked with both of the Spaniards, Torres quite recently.

Saif1994 said:
Mad 4 It said:

+1

So when we won the league who was our Thiago that is so essential.

johnmc said:
Saif1994 said:
Mad 4 It said:

+1

A younger Barry.

johnmc said:
Saif1994 said:
Mad 4 It said:

+1

Yeah and we were fucking awesome in the champions league... Not. So you're happy playing Garcia and Barry when Yaya is knackered and Fernandinho is injured. Good luck with that one. Rodwell is an option granted but he's so injury prone I would have to discount him.

taconinja said:
A younger Barry.[/quote]

Is that right. So the Barry's of this world are so hard to come by. I like Gareth. He does a good job but to say that he's a rare breed is a little wide of the mark. So the question was If Ferdy got injured what would we do. What did we do when Barry didnt play?

A midfield group of Yaya, Milner, Navas, Garcia, Rodwell, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Razak and hopefully Isco is stronger than our title winning midfield would you agree?

johnmc said:
taconinja said:
A younger Barry.

Is that right. So the Barry's of this world are so hard to come by. I like Gareth. He does a good job but to say that he's a rare breed is a little wide of the mark. So the question was If Ferdy got injured what would we do. What did we do when Barry didnt play?

A midfield group of Yaya, Milner, Navas, Garcia, Rodwell, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Razak and hopefully Isco is stronger than our title winning midfield would you agree?
You asked who was playing the position. I answered. The next year opposing teams discovered that he's vulnerable to pressing. Fortunately they hadn't caught on the year before. I love Barry but he's a notch below when it comes to how quickly he sees his options and gets the ball where it needs to be. That's why he's vulnerable to pressing.

Mad 4 It said:
johnmc said:
Saif1994 said:

Yeah and we were fucking awesome in the champions league... Not. So you're happy playing Garcia and Barry when Yaya is knackered and Fernandinho is injured. Good luck with that one. Rodwell is an option granted but he's so injury prone I would have to discount him.

How many Yaya backups do you want us to have?? Fernandinho, Garcia, Barry and Rodwell are clearly not enough for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.