Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy knuckles down and doesnt get too big headed like Giovani Dos Santos he will become a top player. I dont understand Barca, they have lost players in the past(PIque and Cesc) only to want them back at the club for a lot more than what they got for them in the first place. I doubt very much that he would go to Bolton because hes ambitious and he will want to play for a top 6 team. Id much rather we got this guy for £10m than Sanchez at £40m and then go after Rossi as it looks like Barca have given up on him.

If he is available I'm very surprised at Barca. For me he has been one of the stars of the U21. Don't think he will go to Bolton unless it is for a season loan to get experience.

99% certain he will be a star of the future.

If Barca get Fabregas and Sanchez where will Thiago fit in?? Someone will be pushed out because of their new signings, Thiago and possibly another more regular player. I don't mind signing a Barca player this summer, Yaya has done ok for us this season! I wonder what value Barca have put on Thiago?? Surprised City haven't been linked with him, we have been linked with everyone else!

You have to think this lad could save us up to 20m for a midfielder if we took a risk on him instead of someone like Modric, Sneijder, or Pastore who would cost an absolute fortune. He's still not the finished product but every sign points to him becoming a very special player and he already looks good enough to have a big impact. Arsenal and Chelsea seem persistently linked with him but I would like to see us go in for him.

niall_mcfc said:
If this guy knuckles down and doesnt get too big headed like Giovani Dos Santos he will become a top player. I dont understand Barca, they have lost players in the past(PIque and Cesc) only to want them back at the club for a lot more than what they got for them in the first place. I doubt very much that he would go to Bolton because hes ambitious and he will want to play for a top 6 team. Id much rather we got this guy for £10m than Sanchez at £40m and then go after Rossi as it looks like Barca have given up on him.
That there is the problem, I have a strange feeling he will become like Dos Santos. Someone who can't adjust his game from youth level to the seniors. Even at the just concluded U21's I wasn't impressed. Too much fancy over elaboration after a pass.

He strikes me as a wannabe starplayer. Rather than a footballer who just happen to be a star. Out of all thre mids, Anders, Javi and Thaigo I liked him the least. Almost everthing he did was telegraphed. Dos Santoz was like that as a U17 player too. I remember telling friends Vela was going to end up being a far better player. (Well that really didn't turn out true, as Vela too struggled after he became an adult :P) but at least I was right that Dos Santos was going to struggle once he wasn't the star anymore.

United have made a 15m offer for him according to the Mirror.

Barca reluctant to sell to a CL rival.

I think this guy is absolute quality. Could be a very very special player indeed. Come on Mancini, lets test the water here.

Some rumours.

One MUFC made £20m bid, but its more to do with the fact that Arsenal wants him thrown in Fab deal. And mufc is wanting Nasri and are trying to push Arse to finish that deal, this a fire across the bow type of rumour.

(Who the hell knows if any of that is true. but hey its speculation )

I was very surprised to read an earlier comment in this thread which doubted this guys ability.

Looks to me like a very fine prospect indeed.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 am --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fcbes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8940&start=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fcbes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=45</a>

The best English speaking Barca fan forum with plenty of things to interest us not just on how they see Thiago Alcantara being a makeweight in a potential Fabregas deal but also the Sanchez thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.