Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
What qualities does Thiago bring? how would he fit in to a midfield containing Gundogan?

He was always considered the heir to Xavi, very intelligent player him and ilkay would boss midfield. Technically the perfect midfielder with killer passes and movement. Has had issues with injuries but a stellar player IMO.

He was always considered the heir to Xavi, very intelligent player him and ilkay would boss midfield. Technically the perfect midfielder with killer passes and movement. Has had issues with injuries but a stellar player IMO.
Thanks.

I take it 433 then? with a more defensive type to compliment them? Fernandinho even?

Thiago is very much in the Xavi / Iniesta mould in that he holds the ball well and can work those tight one / twos or triangles. He has also been brought up with the high pressing philosophy which is of course paramount to Peps way of playing.
Would be a good signing at the right price but like everyone else I am a little concerned about his injury record.
Different type of player to Gundagon and I think they could compliment each other quite well.

I don't know why the fuss about him tbh, he was pretty average player whenever I've watched him.

What qualities does Thiago bring? how would he fit in to a midfield containing Gundogan?

I would think Gundogan would be Pep's famous "pivote" and Thiago would play in front of him perhaps next to KDB in a 4-3-3 but that is a guess. In reality formations will change with each game and within each game and players will play all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.