Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think he is.
He's 29, has his injuries, playing left double pivot nowadays, quite similar in style to Ilkay,
and I'm not sure at all he would do well with PL's physicality.

3 years ago, yes.
Not what we need today.

I cant believe I'm reading this. Thiago is a country mile ahead of Gundogan as a #6 and I'm saying that as a massive Gundo fan.

He's Gundogan, but with much better resistance to getting pressed, quicker, and will throw himself into tackles, has the ability to dribble past players that Pep values massively in deep areas and he hoovers up interceptions at a rate only Fernandinho at his best could match. I'd bet he doesnt have the bizarre inability to play 8 in our system that Gundogan has either, considering that was his position for a long time at Barca and under Pep.

He also hasn't had a serious injury since 2015 and plays 40+ games a season since - you certainly couldn't argue his injury record in comparison to Gundo's, they are at worst pretty level.

With regards to age...Gundogan is the same age so if it was a case of one in/one out then its irrelevant but also bear in mind he is the same age now as Xavi was when Pep took over Barcelona. He's a few months older than KDB and no one thinks hes old. If Pep extends it's for 3 years max, so not everyone has to be 21.

He would go straight in our starting XI and stay there. Thiago-KDB-Foden would be the best midfield in the world by a mile.

I also suspect Gundogan might actually be amenable to moving on, he has talked about another move before the end of his career and if we are to sell him on, 29 would be the best age to do so.

It probably wont happen, we have more pressing business, Liverpool are being very heavily linked which would be a genuine hammer blow (their midfield is by a long way the weakest part of their team and he would instantly make it twice as good) but if it did happen it would be a like for like move that improve our team noticeably.

And things seem not too frosty with Bayern right now if everyone was happy with the Sané price.

Last edited:
Cause Foden is gonna play out wide a lot as will Bernardo. We do need another midfielder in my opinion and Thiago knows Pep and I'm sure would love it. For 30m? Great deal

Your 100% right, but I am biased as he is one of my favourite players. I also think if he came it would also indicate Pep is staying longer.

Best Silva replacement out there and for those complaining about age, he is 5 years younger then him.

Injuries are a worry however.

This all said I am sure if Peo wanted him he could pick up the phone and have a conversation.

I cant believe I'm reading this. Thiago is a country mile ahead of Gundogan as a #6 and I'm saying that as a high Gundo fan.

He's Gundogan, but much better resistance to getting pressed, quicker and will throw himself into tackles, has the ability to dribble past players that Pep values massively in deep areas and he hoovers up interceptions at a rate only Fernandinho at his best could match. I'd bet he diesnt have the bizarre inability to play 8 in our system that Gundogan has either, considering that was his position for a long time at Barca and under Pep.

He also hasn't had a serious injury since 2015 and plays 40+ games a season since - you certainly couldn't argue his injury record in comparison to Gundo's, they are at worst pretty level.

With regards to age...Gundogan is the same age so if it was a case of one in/one out then its irrelevant but also bear in mind he is the same age now as Xavi was when Pep took over Barcelona. He's a few months older than KDB and no one thinks hes old. If Pep extends it's for 3 years max, so not everyone has to be 21.

He would go straight in our starting XI and stay there. Thiago-KDB-Foden would be the best midfield in the world by a mile.

I also suspect Gundogan might actually be amenable to moving on, he has talked about another move before the end of his career and if we are to sell him on, 29 would be the best age to do so.

It probably wont happen, we have more pressing business, Liverpool are being very heavily linked which would be a genuine hammer blow - their midfield is the weakest part of their team by a mile and he would instantly make it twice as good.
- but if it did happen it would be a like for like move that improve our team noticeably.

And things seem not too frosty with Bayern right now if everyone was happy with the Sané price.

Maybe you're right, I just don't see the country mile. He would have to play for us to see the direct improvement to Gundo. I would like any of those 2, do the swap with Bayern if you want :)

Both would maybe make no sense in our mid, although Gundo once said Pep wanted to have both of them at Bayern to play together like Xabi+Iniesta.

Would be a perfect fit for LIV sadly...

No thanks. A Gundogan replacement should be someone younger not the same age. Let him go to the dippers. Don't care if he makes them better. They have a lot of players around 27 or so. They'll all age at the same time.

Your 100% right, but I am biased as he is one of my favourite players. I also think if he came it would also indicate Pep is staying longer.

Best Silva replacement out there and for those complaining about age, he is 5 years younger then him.

Injuries are a worry however.

This all said I am sure if Peo wanted him he could pick up the phone and have a conversation.
i think Foden is the best Silva replacement out there, iv only seen Thiago a few times for Bayern, for me he bypasses midfield alot with his long ball over the the top, so he should fit right in at the dippers.

Good player all the same..

I cant believe I'm reading this. Thiago is a country mile ahead of Gundogan as a #6 and I'm saying that as a massive Gundo fan.

He's Gundogan, but with much better resistance to getting pressed, quicker, and will throw himself into tackles, has the ability to dribble past players that Pep values massively in deep areas and he hoovers up interceptions at a rate only Fernandinho at his best could match. I'd bet he doesnt have the bizarre inability to play 8 in our system that Gundogan has either, considering that was his position for a long time at Barca and under Pep.

It probably wont happen, we have more pressing business, Liverpool are being very heavily linked which would be a genuine hammer blow (their midfield is by a long way the weakest part of their team and he would instantly make it twice as good) but if it did happen it would be a like for like move that improve our team noticeably.

Thiago in Liverpool are stuff of nightmare. The only thing that saves me is that if Thiago plays for Klopp’s system his body would probably break midseason.

Would be a fantastic squad player. Older than Aouar so wouldn't block Doyle's progress as much either.

I'd seriously hate to see him at Liverpool. It would make the battle to win the title back twice as hard and their midfield would be far superior to what it is this season.

The man Improves any midfield in world football. On one hand I don't want him to go to Liverpool but on the other it would be nice to have him in the premier league. Absolute joy to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.