Thiago Silva

Lescott was immense this season and mancini never went for a cb when ffp didnt matter so i highly doubt this would happen. Still, i rate thiago so much i would welcome it in a heartbeat.

Have to agree that he is an immense player, however there is also news that we are targeting Chiellini from Juve after he has won the Serie A league. Again if he teamed up with Kompany at CB that would be a formidable partnership.

I understand that Lescott has had a blinding season, I was dubious when we first signed him, but as proved against QPR he can sometimes make a unforced error.

Why I think we are looking at Thiago or Chiellini is to push Lescott for his place and for quality cover if Kompany needs resting or gets injured

birchwoodgingerste said:
adrianr said:
You could make a fairly good argument for him being a more important target than Hazard, or at the very least on equal footing. A CB pairing of Kompany and Silva would genuinely be one of if not the finest in Europe. Unfortunately he would cost about as much as a small country, which (thank you Platini) would probably kill it dead. Even if we can technically afford it 1000 times over.

not if we other tevez in part ex?

About the only way it could possibly happen. Shame he's at an Italian club and it would be beyond a pain in the arse.

Could it be Kolo wants out, Savic out on loan and maybe Boyata to be sold. Leaves us Kompany and Lescott for a whole season. If we signed this transfer window for me unless Kolo goes we only need

Hazzard
Martinez

Rammyblues said:
Could it be Kolo wants out, Savic out on loan and maybe Boyata to be sold. Leaves us Kompany and Lescott for a whole season. If we signed this transfer window for me unless Kolo goes we only need

Hazzard
Martinez

Martinez would be brilliant for a plethora of reasons, but one in particular that he would be *perfect* for the Rags and exactly what they're missing in midfield at the moment. My worry there, and with any other Spanish talent, is that if we're not beaten to him by the big two initially, we'll have him just long enough to settle and appreciate how brilliant he is before he's kicking off about wanting to go back home.

Top class for sure but I think at some point we have to start looking at buying younger players who are outstanding prospects and can grow into replacements for our top talent.

Think Kompany and Lescott are fine for now so long as we a good solid back up option.

Too many ego's are potentially disruptive and we're accumulating them at record levels.

i dont think there is any centre half in the world that we could bring in and do a better job than when Lescott partners Kompany .. they just click, if were looking too bring cover in so be it , but dont be bringing in world class centre halfs that will disrupt the balance

With CL and prem games and Berts love for rotation

Hart
Zab Kompany Lescott Clichy

Hart
Richards Kolo Martinez Kolorov

or if Thiago Silva bought replace Martinez with Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.