Thiago Silva

kenzie115 said:
prairiemoon said:
I'd love to see THiago SIlva, Chellini, and SAvic with us next season.

Lescott is a brick wall, but his positioning has been awful at times and he has had many errors this season. They seem to compound and accumulate once he gets started.

Shocking against QPR.

4 competitions next season, with SAvic and Boyata possibly on loan we will need excellent depth. Short contracts for CHeillini and SIlva and the youngsters still come up.

Sorry, it may be me, but the only mistake I can remember him making was against QPR. Apart from that he's been immense all season, more consistent than Kompany for me.
A couple of own goals slipped your mind then. God, that deflection against LIverpool, SMh.

Sorry, it may be me, but the only mistake I can remember him making was against QPR. Apart from that he's been immense all season, more consistent than Kompany for me.

Yes i suggest it's just you and the seriously strong stuff your smoking! You saying that lescott has been more consistent than KOMPANY Is just insane!
You are entitled to your opinion of course but I really struggle to see why so many blues are that happy with lescott, for me he's slow makes too many silly mistakes and not good enough on the ball
He'll do as a good backup in my opinion. If were going to try and win champs league then another quality CB is needed!

I love Lescott, he's been fantastic for 90% of the season and has done nothing worthy of him being dropped. Yes he's made a few errors (3 I think all season) but so has Kompany, it's just we tend to turn a blind eye when Vince makes a mistake.

However, I do think we need another centre back, it was our lack of defensive depth in January that could have easily cost us the league, and if we're signing another centre back, it makes no sense to sign a second rate one. Lescott will be 30 by the start of next season, and while that means he could still have another 4/5 years as a top defender, I just don't think Mancini trusts him in the big games eg. away against Bayern in the Champions League and his age won't particularly help in this respect.

I haven't seen a lot of Thiago Silva, but know that there's shitloads of hype about him. I've only watched him in the Champions League but the opinion I got was that he looked pretty small and made a shocking mistake against Barca. A new centre back in the summer is all but nailed on though.

big blueballs said:
Damocles said:
Galliani is full of shit
this ^^^^^ and he is a **** of a man to boot, don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth

absolutely true. i can bet Silva stay and at the start of the season he will said:
"we manage to keep Silva and ibrahimovic.... it's like we buy two top player and we buy also Pato cause last year he doesn't play"

GStar said:
With Kolo no longer banned, Boyata coming back and Lescott having a fantastic season... i really don't think a 'superstar' CB is even worth registering at this stage, never mind a priority.

I have to politely disagree. I love Lescott as he Micah and Nigel seem to be good mates and I love seeing good banter between teammates. No other teams get to see their team laugh as much as we do which is great. He played great this season and jumped on board with what the team is trying to do, but I don't think he will be the one to get us over the top of the Champions League.

That said, we could certainly improve over him. I would love Boyata to be the long term solution there but it is still too early to tell with his progress. I do not however want to break the bank with someone like Silva. I am not sure who I want to be honest, but I want someone better on the ball. I will not be upset if Lescott is there next year, I just think we can do better.

sincity said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
adrianr said:
You could make a fairly good argument for him being a more important target than Hazard, or at the very least on equal footing. A CB pairing of Kompany and Silva would genuinely be one of if not the finest in Europe. Unfortunately he would cost about as much as a small country, which (thank you Platini) would probably kill it dead. Even if we can technically afford it 1000 times over.

not if we other tevez in part ex?

That would probably be the case, if this news is true..They more or less have the same estimated value, maybe we would have to pay a few mil extra.
No way will a defender will cost 40mil, can they? They are never placed on a equal footing in value as forwards. Even 30mil defenders are rare - can only remember Ferdinand who was bought at that amount..

Eh? Ferdinand £30m? Everybody knows that he came through the Rags youth system as they never buy players.

Where have you been?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Confirmations that meeting between Mancini n Milan has been focused on Thiago Silva not Ibrahimovic. #mcfc ready to pay more not less 30m €

Tancredi Palmeri is CNN Italian correspondent - he just tweeted the above

I pray we don't sign Silva. As good of a player he is the cost involved/age/wages is just crazy. Reports that Mancini is over there now negotiating a transfer so my prayers might be in vain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.