Thiago Silva

hgblue said:
adrianr said:
We need another centre half. Thiago is one of the very few players who is good enough to come and displace Lescott as first choice, but if he's off to PSG the list really isn't that long and most wouldn't leave their current clubs. The other option is just a Cahill type signing and hope we don't lose Kompany for any serious length of time.

I can't understand why we're not in for him. Ok, if he was going to Barca as was rumoured then fair enough, but PSG?

It's a little thing called money.

sam-caddick said:
Matt the Giant said:
I really don't want PSG in our CL group.

Ribery said that about us last season yet Bayern out played us plus we could not even beat Napoli over 2 legs.

City will win the Champions League way before PSG ever do!

Meh all things considered Chelsea really shouldn't have won. It's about the draw, a bit of luck and a player carrying a team.

alky313 said:
sam-caddick said:
Matt the Giant said:
I really don't want PSG in our CL group.

Ribery said that about us last season yet Bayern out played us plus we could not even beat Napoli over 2 legs.

City will win the Champions League way before PSG ever do!

Meh all things considered Chelsea really shouldn't have won. It's about the draw, a bit of luck and a player carrying a team.

Yes its also learning when to defend when the opposition is better than you and attack when the oposition is looking weak - we went all out attack trying to carry on our league form into the competition and you cannot do that in Europe!

hgblue said:
adrianr said:
We need another centre half. Thiago is one of the very few players who is good enough to come and displace Lescott as first choice, but if he's off to PSG the list really isn't that long and most wouldn't leave their current clubs. The other option is just a Cahill type signing and hope we don't lose Kompany for any serious length of time.

I can't understand why we're not in for him. Ok, if he was going to Barca as was rumoured then fair enough, but PSG?

I want Thiago Silva here as much as anyone, but at near 40m even I'm baulking a little!

adrianr said:
I want Thiago Silva here as much as anyone, but at near 40m even I'm baulking a little!

He wouldn't have cost us 40million if we made a player + cash trade with ACmilan . We could have thrown in either Balo or Dzeko Plus 25million . We could even add Savic to the player
+ cash deal but i guess bobby wasn't really interested in T.Silva after all .

AC Milan DiavoloNews ‏@MilanDiavolo
LIVE: Gazzetta dello Sports now reports that Berlusconi would have decided to stop negotiations with PSG for Thiago Silva and keep him.

??

robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Quotes from Berlusconi doing the rounds in France. Deal done, apparently "Milan are not in a position to turn down this kind of sum". 46m euros.

Billy, given that this is a lot of money and Lavezzi and others are rumoured to be going there too not to mention last year's purchases, I have two questions for you.

Firstly how does this fit in with FFP re PSG?

And secondly has Platini commented on PSG's spending either positively or negatively?

The Qatari's had looked at buying PSG once before but the deal didn't quite come off. Sarkozy and his sons are huge PSG supporters so when he became president he arranged a meeting at the Elysee Palace between himself, the Qataris, and Platini. The idea was that Sarkozy wanted the Qataris to put money into PSG, the Qataris in turn wanted the world cup. A deal was done, whereby if the Qataris bought PSG, they would get enormous tax breaks off the French government, and Platini's vote for the 2022 WC.

The rest as they say, is history. Platini will do absolutely nothing about PSG's spending, and the more they do spend, the more it makes the FFPR redundant.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Quotes from Berlusconi doing the rounds in France. Deal done, apparently "Milan are not in a position to turn down this kind of sum". 46m euros.

Billy, given that this is a lot of money and Lavezzi and others are rumoured to be going there too not to mention last year's purchases, I have two questions for you.

And secondly has Platini commented on PSG's spending either positively or negatively?

The Qatari's had looked at buying PSG once before but the deal didn't quite come off. Sarkozy and his sons are huge PSG supporters so when he became president he arranged a meeting at the Elysee Palace between himself, the Qataris, and Platini. The idea was that Sarkozy wanted the Qataris to put money into PSG, the Qataris in turn wanted the world cup. A deal was done, whereby if the Qataris bought PSG, they would get enormous tax breaks off the French government, and Platini's vote for the 2022 WC.

The rest as they say, is history. Platini will do absolutely nothing about PSG's spending, and the more they do spend, the more it makes the FFPR redundant.

Looks like a win-win for us if what you say is true.

YaYa's Left Peg said:
BillyShears said:
robbieh said:

Looks like a win-win for us if what you say is true.

Until affects us (directly or indirectly) with out transfers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.