Things from Maine Road we wont see at Eastlands

Blackcrowes said:
Spurs fans turning up late (special train I think) when we thought they had no fans
Standing on the concrete barrier half way up the Kippax to get a better view
All my mates taking the piss out of me at school because I used to love standing in the "sways"
Being able to move up and down the Kippax to the end of the ground we were attacking
The turnstiles
Going to rusholm before and after the match
When it kicked off after the match especially with the Munich's
Denmark pitch battles
etc..................................................................

Yeah I remember Spurs turning up late, about 500 of 'em. It was a silly mistake by the cops who let City fans move across into the away bit on the Kippax as they thought NO Spurs were coming. Everyone was saying no way are Spurs not sending ANY fans.

Next minute (about 3.15pm) hundreds of Spurs came legging in at once.It was chaos as police swiftly erected steel barriers between the fans. Hand to hand fighting changed to hurling stuff at each other all through the game and then mass fighting in the side streets after. Spurs were game as fk that day.

colinbellsballboy said:
When's this? 76/77? I remember the battle on the Kippax,and the Spuds hoolies being stretchered off in front of the Kippax,funny,although it wasn't for them wannabes,imagine that happening today? There'd be a meltdown on here!

Yes late 70's...........Spurs skinheads turning up late.

Fucking mayhem all match. Fairly certain we beat them 5 - 0 or something too.

blueskies2 said:
colinbellsballboy said:
When's this? 76/77? I remember the battle on the Kippax,and the Spuds hoolies being stretchered off in front of the Kippax,funny,although it wasn't for them wannabes,imagine that happening today? There'd be a meltdown on here!

Yes late 70's...........Spurs skinheads turning up late.

Fucking mayhem all match. Fairly certain we beat them 5 - 0 or something too.
YOU'LL NEVER TAKE THE KIPPAX,YOU'LL NEVER TAKE THE KIPPAX

my dad carrying me on his shoulders before and after the match so i didn't get lost in the crowd.

seeing the tv vans outside the ground

cramming into the souvenir shop that was the size of a shoebox

THE best chippy of all time

the gene kelly stand

even though im only 28 i don't half miss it, to think i'll never take my little lad there breaks my heart

Wythy_Blue said:
my dad carrying me on his shoulders before and after the match so i didn't get lost in the crowd.

the gene kelly stand

even though im only 28 i don't half miss it, to think i'll never take my little lad there breaks my heart

We all do, but nostalga can play funny tricks with your mind. Would you rather we were still there?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Wythy_Blue said:

the gene kelly stand

We all do, but nostalga can play funny tricks with your mind. Would you rather we were still there?

Of course not, i get where your coming from though. It's a bit like your first love really. You'll always have a special place in your heart for it, but times change, you just gotta move on.

I really wish we were still at maine road
the plans were in place to make north stand two tierd and the maine stand the same as the kippax
would take that all day comapred to the souless ground we play at now

THIS
charliebigspuds said:
The sway of the Kippax when it was standing

We'll never see Ragy Neville get a standing ovation off the Kippax as he ran up the line after feeding the Goat

Its not actually MR but going for a pint before/after the game and your feet actually sticking to the carpet if you stood still for five minutes (The Sherwood)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.