Things that give you Heebie-Jeebies

When I joined bt in 1979 we had to do an overhead course which involved pole climbing.Eight of us on the course out of 20 were so panic stricken they had to be rescued by the instructors from the poles. Never bothered me heights but we had one scary mother fucker 15m high and it was 3 foot square at the bottom as it used to carry the main trunk cables years ago .My ass used to go sixpence/ half crown everytime I had to climb it
15m telecom poles/towers were bread and butter to me mate. Did many refresher courses on tower rescue/first aid at height.

Centipedes
Grizzly Bear in hunt season

I had a work trip to Banff a few years ago, loads of people telling me, you wont see any bears, etc.

Within 3 days I'd stumbled into a family of Grizzlies, Mum & 2 Cubs on the path up the the Tea Houses near Lake Louise. Got within 20 yards of Mum & had to get the Bear Spray out... fortunately she & the cubs wandered off down the hill so we escaped... It was a serious incident, Bear stood up in front of us while we backed away, must have been 8 or 9 feet tall, so close I could smell the thing.

Next day, got stalked by a Black Bear on a walk near Lake Minnewanka (Phnar, Phnar)...

On the last evening went for a nice gentle evening walk up the Tunnel Mountain trail in Banff, and came face to face with a Mountain Lion, about as big as a Labrador but a bloody sight more Bitey.

Mental

In summary... Bears...

I had a work trip to Banff a few years ago, loads of people telling me, you wont see any bears, etc.

Within 3 days I'd stumbled into a family of Grizzlies, Mum & 2 Cubs on the path up the the Tea Houses near Lake Louise. Got within 20 yards of Mum & had to get the Bear Spray out... fortunately she & the cubs wandered off down the hill so we escaped... It was a serious incident, Bear stood up in front of us while we backed away, must have been 8 or 9 feet tall, so close I could smell the thing.

Next day, got stalked by a Black Bear on a walk near Lake Minnewanka (Phnar, Phnar)...

On the last evening went for a nice gentle evening walk up the Tunnel Mountain trail in Banff, and came face to face with a Mountain Lion, about as big as a Labrador but a bloody sight more Bitey.

Mental

In summary... Bears...
I would love to see bears and mountain lions in the wild (maybe not so close though).

I would love to see bears and mountain lions in the wild (maybe not so close though).

Indeed... it was great to see the animals, but seriously frightening, the Grizzly incident in particular which could easily have escalated into an attack with only one possible outcome.

Heights. Never used to bother me, but I developed hopeless vertigo aged about 60 and it has got progressively worse.
Same,when i went to vinny's game we were sat right at the top,the whole place started spinning and i couldn't even look down at the pitch,thankfully a very nice steward sorted us seats further down,i knew i was scared of heights but i didn't forsee that reaction lol,after all i have heard about the stewards i was pleasently surprised

finger nai;s down blackboards, raw wood sometimes, oh and dippers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.